T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I did my first small order for a friend of Stahl's player perfect name and number in econoprint vinyl. I followed all the pressing instructions and everything looked good, but I noticed that if I tried to peel from the bottom to the top it seemed like the edge would try and come up. If I peeled from top to bottom then everything came off as expected. Is this normal? I repressed the vinyl for about 6 seconds with a sheet after peeling. Everything seems as it should be, but I have another one to do today and wanted to make sure before I did it only to have the vinyl come off in the wash. It was the tiffany font and it has little points on it... it was on the bottom points at the start that looked like it would come up. Of course I didn't peel any further once it looked like it was sticking to the plastic.

I'm more at med/light pressure and the temp is fine with a heat gun. Time is 15.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Yesterday I did my first small order for a friend of Stahl's player perfect name and number in econoprint vinyl. I followed all the pressing instructions and everything looked good, but I noticed that if I tried to peel from the bottom to the top it seemed like the edge would try and come up. If I peeled from top to bottom then everything came off as expected. Is this normal? I repressed the vinyl for about 6 seconds with a sheet after peeling. Everything seems as it should be, but I have another one to do today and wanted to make sure before I did it only to have the vinyl come off in the wash. It was the tiffany font and it has little points on it... it was on the bottom points at the start that looked like it would come up. Of course I didn't peel any further once it looked like it was sticking to the plastic.

I'm more at med/light pressure and the temp is fine with a heat gun. Time is 15.
Possibly the design needs to cool down a little more before you release the liner, usually if it starts to lift the adhesive hasn't had time to set up properly...reheating with a cover sheet was the right thing to do.

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh.... so peel warm doesn't mean hot off the press right? Like I say, it was my first ones. I was leery about getting the econo vinyl but the hand is really nice. Not very heavy at all. I did a big 8x6 (full) of the cadprintz and it was awfully heavy. Too heavy IMO, but the candidate wanted it to look EXACTLY like his yard sign. Nice price on those though. Next time I'll take the extra time and use the color of the shirt for the background instead of printing the whole background.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
ahhh.... so peel warm doesn't mean hot off the press right? Like I say, it was my first ones. I was leery about getting the econo vinyl but the hand is really nice. Not very heavy at all. I did a big 8x6 (full) of the cadprintz and it was awfully heavy. Too heavy IMO, but the candidate wanted it to look EXACTLY like his yard sign. Nice price on those though. Next time I'll take the extra time and use the color of the shirt for the background instead of printing the whole background.
Correct, the warm peel means waiting about 10 seconds or if you want you can throw the garments to the side and peel them all at the end (cold) when finished...Econoprint doesn't require a 2nd hit unless you peel too early and the edge starts to lift. Thank you for the business!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.