T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

cutter problem solved out. Now its time for heat press. I am still in East Europe so not so many choices.

Stahl MAXX
E-Clam
Secabo

All around the same price range. Any suggestions? Also, I found almos 300€ cheaper STAHL in Belgium with free shipping. What is the possibility for press to broke?

And one more question - anyone using shoe platen on heat press? I badly want to press thing on shoes, just know about dtg and didn't see anything with heat press.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
781 Posts
Hi,

cutter problem solved out. Now its time for heat press. I am still in East Europe so not so many choices.

Stahl MAXX
E-Clam
Secabo

All around the same price range. Any suggestions? Also, I found almos 300€ cheaper STAHL in Belgium with free shipping. What is the possibility for press to broke?

And one more question - anyone using shoe platen on heat press? I badly want to press thing on shoes, just know about dtg and didn't see anything with heat press.

Thanks in advance.
Stahls makes a good press, and is a good company.
I can not comment on the others as I have not used them or had them in front of me to inspect.

Shoe platens...they work well. We have 1 at our main location but at the other 2 we just use what I believe is known as a tacking iron. We do not do a lot of shoes...so that works for us.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stahls makes a good press, and is a good company.
I can not comment on the others as I have not used them or had them in front of me to inspect.

Shoe platens...they work well. We have 1 at our main location but at the other 2 we just use what I believe is known as a tacking iron. We do not do a lot of shoes...so that works for us.
Is tacking iron enough for transfering? What about sleeve/pants platen?

Išsiųsta naudojantis EVA-L19 Tapatalk 4 Lt

· Registered
781 Posts
Is tacking iron enough for transfering? What about sleeve/pants platen?

Išsiųsta naudojantis EVA-L19 Tapatalk 4 Lt
For small designs in HTV onto shoes, yes.
If your going to do it often get a platen to make it easy and consistent.

We press most things on the standard platen.
We dont use sleeve platens on our heat presses.
(We do for screen printing though)
You can buy (or make) sleeve/leg pillows to use on the standard platen.

If you will do a lot of sleeves then I would recommend buying the platen for speed mainly. It speeds up production.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.