T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing the answer is no but since the extent of my digitizing has been a simple logo(and that took about 15 sewouts to get right) I have to ask.
I've seen on several sites selling stock designs things they call builders(among other names).....you use the elements to create your own design.
Question is can you overlap two designs?

I would think that would cause issues.

TIA :)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Yes, you can overlap designs, but you do need to make sure that they are not real dense. Also digitizers can cut the lower design where the top design goes to make them sew better. But some designs sew just fine on top of other designs you just have to play with them to see which ones will work without having part of one design cut out to make it sew better.

·
Registered
600 Posts
It only took you 15 sewouts for your first design? That's not bad. It took me more than that for my first design and my 2nd and 3rd......
You can't learn digitizing over night. It takes practice. BML is is correct about overlapping stitches.

I couldn't find the "builders" site that you were talking about. Is it a regular stock design site? Please send me some info.

Stock designs have their place and if you need to put a quick design on a blanket it's the way to go. Are you doing all custom logos? If you are then learn how to digitize or send all of your work out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.