T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi what do people use to sharpen their squegees other than an expensive squeegee sharpener. I have heard using sandpaper. Does anyone know what kind of sandpaper would be best to use.

Let me know.

thanks

· Registered
192 Posts
You can have great art and great screens. Take time to set up a job, with the right colors in each screen. The pallets are level and smooth BUT... if your squeegees aren't sharp, all of that work goes to waste. I dont think its worth it to mess with sandpaper. What are the chances that you will be able to hold the squeegee and the paper perfectly perpendicular to each other? The poor man's way of solving rounded or dinged squeegees is to simply flip it over. Squeegee material has TWO edges ya know. Why freak out when only half of the squeegee is dull? Otherwise, get a used squeegee sharpener if you have to, or make one. Its not that complex, yet it will make a huige difference in your prints.

· Registered
873 Posts
i've used a table saw a couple of times. it actually works pretty well. just set the fence to where it just grazes the squeegee. if i were to use it more often, i'd buy a fine tooth blade for cutting laminate, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.