T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought of this when doing some small prints, I know something like it is available to purchase. Made it in less than five minutes,with some scrap but it works great. I am fairly new at screen printing, about a year part time. I always appreciate the help I get on the forum. I thought I would show this for any rookies like me who may not have not thought of it. It saves me a lot of reaching, and helps quite a bit with clean-up, just a small area to wash out ink. I hope this helps someone. I thought I would throw in a couple pictures of my basement shop, I keep my vinyl cutter and printers up stairs because of dampness. Under my press is my drying cabinet, to the left is my vacuum exposure unit I built with 400 watt metal halide, and to the left of that is my conveyor dryer. Sorry about the pictures being side way could not rotate for some reason. Mark

Attachments

· Registered
495 Posts
Have you ever looked at a picture and had a "Duhhhh" moment, well you provided one for me tonight. Why didn't I think of something like that a year ago? Now to add a tweak or two of my own and add to an upcoming video...with your permission of course.

· Registered
2,132 Posts
Neat idea.

What I used to do is way less cool than that--I wrap scraps of 2x4 with paper and put them in the screen. :)

I quit doing it though, I found putting the squeegee in the middle of the screen just makes the head a more effective squeegee/ink catapult. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.