T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Sprint SP 200A that had sat on a shelf for a year ... with ink in it.

The ink is visible in the lines - and is dried.
I am assuming that the printhead would be the same story...

I have contacted Anajet and they say I should plan on replacing the tubes, dampers and printhead.

I also contacted Garment Printer Ink .com - they have a printhead for a TON cheaper (it's an Epson printhead that ships directly from Epson). They agreed with the items to plan on replacing.

MY QUESTIONS
1. I have a new set of tubes/lines for the printer, should I try and see if I can flush the printhead before replacing it? Same attempt with the dampers?

2. I have been reading some real horror stories on this forum about Anajet and some of their machines. I am kicking myself a bit for buying before doing all of my research - but should I go ahead and make the attempt at resurrecting this machine? Either way, if I can salvage the printhead ... or if I have to buy all new parts, I am looking at $800 in my attempt to get it back to working order. Is it worth it in the end - with everything I am hearing about Anajet?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sam

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anajet is extremely pricey...I paid about $2,500 to change at all of the dampers, tubes, printhead etc. The replacement ink was another $500.00. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts