T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the main/mother board on my Sprint. Now that I connected everything exactly as the old one was, what do I have to do to get it running?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turn it on and prime the lines. How can you not know what to do?
LOL I wish I were that ignorant and it was that simple. I'm asking if there is anything I have to do in addition to turning it on and priming the lines.

Is there any programming that needs to be done, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you purchased the board from Anajet it should already be set.

_
Well normal r1900 board $100 anajet board for r1900 $1500 yeah.. why would anyone do this?

Mine dead because of a board failure as well, seems the standard r1900 board even with the proper wire soldered back in doesn't properly work in the unit.. and as per usual anajet wants $1000's of dollars for 100's in work..

·
Registered
17 Posts
The board wasn't purchased from Anajet. What's the difference?
I'm in the same boat you are, I have no doubt it's firmware settings , when I got the new board in you can see in the epson tool it was trying to go through initial start up and ink prime and everything it'd need to do for first book, but the sprint isn't going to let it.. So unless someone knows how to put in the proper firmware, or someone HAS the sprint firmware file, we're pretty much stuck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I tried to buy the mainboard from Anajet and they are no longer selling them to the customer. I was told you HAVE to ship the entire unit to them and pay them to install it. We can't affort that, so they are going to loose a possible repeat customer. I don't understand that. They were so amazing in the beginning. You would think they would be understanding that not everyone has a ton of money like some other more established businesses.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Most people who change these boards themselves cause the boards to blow again because they dont get rid of an underlying problem (rusted cables etc) that is why we ask to ship the printers back to us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Most people who change these boards themselves cause the boards to blow again because they dont get rid of an underlying problem (rusted cables etc) that is why we ask to ship the printers back to us.
Well, I've replaced all the ribbons, cleaned the unit thoroughly, replaced the print head, serviced the cleaning station, so yeah.. Spending $1000's to fix a $100 board when it's the last thing left seems a bit absurd..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So aside from the obvious underlying potential issues, what has to be done to make an Epson R1900 board work on the Sprint? You've already made your money on this machine, I'm struggling to find a logical reason to profit off of the failure of the machine... that would almost cause a person to believe that you're attempting to profit from the failure of the machines that you sell.

If you'd like to PM me how to convert the board so that it's not on public forum I'm fine with that.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I would probably have to agree with Deanna, I have people sending their boards in all the time to repair the fuse. I have tried the R1900 boards on the Sprint and they haven't worked. Usually you have to replaced. There are so many things on this machine that can go wrong. Also its a liability to have someone work on the machine if they don't know what they are doing. Last year we sent a mainboard to a dude and he worked on the machine and put a screwdriver in the power source while it was plugged in.

You may want to talk to them to see if you can get it though. You must send to them?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would probably have to agree with Deanna, I have people sending their boards in all the time to repair the fuse. I have tried the R1900 boards on the Sprint and they haven't worked. Usually you have to replaced. There are so many things on this machine that can go wrong. Also its a liability to have someone work on the machine if they don't know what they are doing. Last year we sent a mainboard to a dude and he worked on the machine and put a screwdriver in the power source while it was plugged in.

You may want to talk to them to see if you can get it though. You must send to them?
Respectfully, I'm a trained electronics repair technician, I work on these with static bands and proper tools, I microsoldered the red wire that anajet adds to the board that epson doesn't and it holds better than the original that was "TAPED" to the board. I just want my $19,000 shirt printer to work.. It's very much NOT the fuse. The board failed do to a critter getting into it sadly, that has been delt with, now I just want the printer to work again..

·
Registered
23 Posts
My business partner 20yrs of electronic repair experience as well. We just want to put a new board in. If anyone can help us with this, we would greatly appreciate it. We don't have the money to ship this machine and to pay for repairs. We understand the risk and that is our choice. We paid 18k for this machine and would like to continue using it, especially since we are still trying to pay it off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just to let people know, Anajet will tell you its the mainboard and that no one has ever successfully replaced it. Probably because you need to replace the control board, which they conveniently will not sell you. Thanks Anajet for your awesome support. I hope you will change your tactics and sell all the parts need to possibly fix their machine. Anajet has really lost my trust. Had I known they would refuse to sell parts needed for repairs, I would not have bought the printer.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Its because the problem may not be just the board. We've had customers in the past who we've issued boards to but they end up blowing those boards because of underlying issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using T-Shirt Forums

1 - 20 of 31 Posts