T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking at these two right now as well. I initially set up a shop with Printfection. I customized the hell out of it and Iframed my blog's top navigation and logo area. Everything was looking good. Then I went to add a product... BZZZT! American Apparel T-shirts on a dark color garment cost $25 ($31 if you also print anything on the back of the shirt) PLUS shipping, and that's BEFORE a single cent of profit/markup is added. I emailed them about this, and they say it is what it is, because they feel they need to charge $7 ($13 for front and back) extra for dark garments due to the layer of white that gets put down ahead of your design. There is no way some random person is going to spend $30-$40 on a *T-shirt* from a one-off online T-shirt vendor like 99.9% of us here. Sure you could sell a few very specific shirts custom made for a group of folks who already trust you, and who showed interest up front, but I don't see any chance of selling original designs to the general public at those prices. What's the point of discussing the print quality of something that has very little chance of being sold at a profit? If it REALLY does cost them that much to print on dark shirts, then they are in dire need of re-tooling their processes.

The thing I liked about Printfection was that I could totally customize it to blend *100%* with my existing website, and it used my own .com domain for everything.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.