T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm very disappointed with my sample shirts and will be switching to PrintMojo and silk screening for the best quality prints. There is NO WAY I can offer shirts like this to customers.

Terrible cutting

Crease

This is not orange

Color is way off (should be orange (body) and red (brain)) and terrible cutting

This is not yellow-orange

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
There are a multitude of reasons why your graphic may not have come out right in your order.

I don't think it's fair to say spreadshirts print quality is poor without stating all the other factors that might have come into play (at least in regards to the color issues)

Are those *all* vector flex printed designs? Some look like they could be DTG. With DTG, you'll need to work to get the colors right and make sure what you see in your screen fits into the CMYK gamut of the machines they print on.

The creases in the prints should definitely not be there, but mistakes do happen. Just send them back (as a customer would do). I don't think every t-shirt printed by spreadshirt has a crease in it, otherwise, they wouldn't still be in business.

When you're doing one off prints, it's possible that you'll get a one off mistake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen too many mistakes at the SS forums to consider sticking with them for a serious clothing business. All designs were marked Digital Transfer Overlay.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
All designs were marked Digital Transfer Overlay.
So those were digital heat transfers? I wasn't sure they were still doing digital transfer overlay. I thought thy just did DTG now.

Maybe they haven't done the full conversion yet to DTG. I would say that the digital transfer overlay process isn't the best quality for a t-shirt line, but if they were printed on a DTG, the quality should be much better.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, Acmefactory and Rodney,

Rodney, we haven't fully converted to DTG (we call it Digital Direct). We are in the process. Yes, we agree it is the better technology now.

Acmefactory, I've asked our customer service team to contact you so we can show you the better techniques. I hope that you notice on our forums as well that though we have had challenges lately, we are known for our very high quality standards.

Thanks,
Jana

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in contact with SS CS to work it out. Hopefully I can see some dramatic results. Thanks for noticing Jeggers.

·
Administrator
14,649 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me that a forum is held in such high regard that the CEO of a multi million dollar corporation monitors and posts on it.

The second I saw the first entry of the post, I just immediately scrolled down to see what spreadshirts' reply would be. There was no doubt in my mind that they were already on it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Take note, this is how a professional manages his or her business. Don't ignore the complaints, work with your customers and thats how you build a business. People are going to want to see what the end result will be. When the problem gets resolved more people will use his service because he stands behind his company and his products.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will be sending back some bibs I received today. They look awful. The Banana Car is not the right color and the cutting again is very bad. The Robot Monkey Groove bib also has very bad cutting and the blue color is bleeding onto other elements.

Seriously. Does anyone look at these products before they are shipped????

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, acmefactory,

What you are seeing is typcial for this print type technology. DTG also has some drawbacks, including color registry issues. However, the technology produces overall a better quality which is why we are switching.

Thanks for working with our team on this.

Thanks,
Jana

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, acmefactory,

This is a difficult question. For this print technology, the color around the wire is common, and one of the downsides of the technology. Basically, the machine cannot differentiate the lines well enough. The other problems (creasing and jagged cuts) are not. With any technology, there are limitations. This is one of the limitations. Whether that specific one could have been closer, I would have to talk more to the team about it, as they know the exact specs better than me. But it is unlikely with this technology to get all the blue from around the cord.

The challenge with DTG was typcially color registration, streaking, and durability. This has improved greatly over the years, and this is why we are switching to it as our standard method. One problem with DTG is that you have other limitations in the fabrics used, which you don't have with digital transfer overlay. In addition, digital transfer overlay won't streak, or have white spots.

You can see that color registration is a problem with both technologies. DTG is better now, but not perfect. None of the technologies are.

Thanks,
Jana

·
Registered
289 Posts
like jana said "we're having challenges". sounds like you are expecting too much from this company at this time. maybe at a later date you can expect more. just explain that to your customers and everything will be love.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, Staned,

The quote from me is out of context, which causes a big difference in interpretation. You will see in this forum and others that Spreadshirt's quality levels have always been extremely high. It is one of our core values, and our Shop Partners and customers notice. If you give 110% and set expecations for that, when you hit 105% people notice. Our goal is 110%+. We aren't lowering that. Compare our quality with others and we will shine as we have in the past.

The creases and the rough edges are an example of something that should not have passed our Quality Control. This is where we had the challenges and went from the expected 110% to lower. We are actively addressing this.

The second issue that Acme raised is different. This has to do with the print technology. We offer a large variety of print types, each with their own strengths. The challenge is helping Shop Partners and direct customers understand which is best for their situation, which even includes details down to which textile things are printed on. This is where we should help Acme more... in selecting the right print types for his situations.

I spend time on this forum because it is an important way to learn from those that are passionate about this industry. And I have a great team behind me that will get our quality level up over our 110% norm.

Thanks,
Jana

1 - 20 of 31 Posts