T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this. I am trying to do seperations in coreldraw x3 this is what happens. If I import a image and then try to do a spot color sep on it using pantone colors first I can not get the color to come up all the time in color style and then if I try to go to the print screen and go to seperations it is in cmyk. is it that some art can not be made into spot colors or am I doing it wrong would like to know how to make spot color sep if any one could maybe give me a step by step was thinking of buying a seperation program please help????:confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
IF you are using pantone colors in the design, when you go to the print screen options tabs, go to seperations and check "print separations", than uncheck the cmyk boxes, there should be pantone color boxes underneath those. Check these boxes and the seperations should show up in the print preview window.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem I am having is I bring in clip art and try to do a spot color seperation on it it does not work even if I try to select the colors. or change the colors to a color in the pallet won't work is it maybe better to due sep in photo shop then try to bring them in to corel so that the image will look better I due sep in photoshop now but corel will make vector art look better thank you

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try selecting all the object converting to curves then ungroup all objects, then put the design in your color styles and see if that helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts