T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Spot Cleaning Gun that I have used for several years. Quite honestly, I would rather throw a t-shirt away instead of use the spot cleaning gun because I don't like the smell of the fluid. This spot cleaning gun sits under a shelf empty until we really need to use it. Recently, our spot cleaning gun stopped working properly. I changed the inside parts with the spares that came with the gun, this did help but not fully fix it. After watching some YouTube videos, I tore the entire gun apart (I did NOT take the metal handle apart). The original problem was simply that the gun needed a new nozzle. I ordered a new nozzle off from Amazon and the spray part works fine now. But I did tear the entire spray part of the gun apart, including removing the set screw and unscrewing the main screw. I did not know you weren't supposed to do this until after I already did it. I put the gun back together as close as I remember it and by looking at someone else's spot cleaning gun. It sprays fine, it just doesn't have the proper pressure at all. I did try turning up the pressure with the black knob, etc. All of the springs that are on the parts diagram and properly installed and perfect condition inside of the gun. There is 1 exception: There is an additional spring that I cannot find where it goes, it is not on the parts diagram. It is NOT a broken spring either. I have attached pictures. In my opinion, this spring is either a fix or improvement to the gun. Can someone please tell me exactly where this spring goes and if you have any pictures or a video that would help greatly. Also any advice on the main screw or anything else would be a help. I have a box of polos that I need to fix,
and I need my Spot Cleaning Gun to get several accidental spots out.

Thanks!
Product Liquid Fluid Drinkware Font
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Screw Rim
Font Parallel Engineering Auto part Diagram

·
Registered
15 Posts
If it doesn't have the pressure I'd say it has something to do with #9 in the schematic. I used to buy those types of guns off amazon and I hated them. Always getting gummed up, not spraying right etc.. I finally bought one from CCI and I've never had a problem again. I also rigged up a simple vacuum system with a pvc pipe, an old piece of screen mesh and a small shop vac. I turn it on hit the spot and never smell the solution at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts