T-Shirt Forums banner

Spectra R3000

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AnACustomPrints 
#1 ·
I bought a used Spectra R3000 knowing I was going to replace several parts but before I do would I be better off to try to adapt a newer printer to my Base. What RIP do you prefer? Also for those of you still using the R3000 how satisfied are you with the Quality and Cost to print garments? I have searched these boards and found loads of Great advice now I just have to put it into action.

#2 ·
We have used the R3000 in the past. When set up properly they printed as well as the P600. There was/are an advantage in the R300 in that you do not need to keep purchasing a re-set key. Once you have the machine running there are no hidden expenses. Also you can change Rip if desired, quite easily. We have used both Cad -Link and EK-Studio.
The R300 is not as fast as the more expensive machines and print quality has a lot to do with the operator. We ran several thousand shirts through them on a retail and fulfillment platform and had very, very few complaints. Those that we had generally came down to mistakes in the sealing process.
A good little machine if you are satisfied with 50 -60 sides printed in a work day. Does need maintenance including flushing the ink tray when starvation symptoms arise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.