T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Been doing a lot of research regarding the Spectra and am disappointed there is no information on their website regarding specs, satisfaction guarantee and what their returns policy is. I also can't find anything on the about me section. Am I missing something? I like to know that information in order to make an informed decision prior to a purchase. I see their is a lack of DTG comparisons out on the web so I am putting a spreadsheet together with all of the DTG's to compare capabilities, specs, pricing, etc. I see a lot of comparisons between Epson and Viper and Epson and Spectra but not much else. To be honest I am leaning toward Spectra due to the reviews and price I found on the machine. Any suggestions on the missing information above? I have researched prior posts and it was mentioned a few years back they are going to update their website. Just curious if anyone knows what is going on. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
1,558 Posts
I think a link got broken with the P600 update, because when I click on "LEARN MORE" nothing happens and normally you go on the specs details.

You will make an informed decision prior to a purchase after you have seen live all the machine you are interesting in.
I strongly recommend you bring to reseller the same file for comparison.

For Spectra the model I know, you have a nice support, each time I have questions, I have answers :)

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think a link got broken with the P600 update, because when I click on "LEARN MORE" nothing happens and normally you go on the specs details.

You will make an informed decision prior to a purchase after you have seen live all the machine you are interesting in.
I strongly recommend you bring to reseller the same file for comparison.

For Spectra the model I know, you have a nice support, each time I have questions, I have answers :)
Thanks Jgabby!

· Registered
2,510 Posts
I'm not sure why you would expect a satisfaction guarantee or refund policy for a DTG printer.

That's ridiculous. DTG printers work, they work great. All of them work great. When they stop working, 90% of the reason is because the customer screwed up. I've been doing DTG for years, I've worked with every printer imaginable and they're all great.

I like Spectra personally because they're a small company with a major focus on returning phone calls. They're not selling 1000 DTG printers a year and then ending up not servicing their customers. They sell as many machines as they can help service remotely and that means a lot.

But to expect a refund or a guarantee? lol, please. Try cut vinyl if you want that.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure why you would expect a satisfaction guarantee or refund policy for a DTG printer.

That's ridiculous. DTG printers work, they work great. All of them work great. When they stop working, 90% of the reason is because the customer screwed up. I've been doing DTG for years, I've worked with every printer imaginable and they're all great.

I like Spectra personally because they're a small company with a major focus on returning phone calls. They're not selling 1000 DTG printers a year and then ending up not servicing their customers. They sell as many machines as they can help service remotely and that means a lot.

But to expect a refund or a guarantee? lol, please. Try cut vinyl if you want that.
Your kidding me right? Then why have any type of warranty on any product, especially DTG's? What you just said was insane. I don't expect ANYTHING except what the manufacturer promises. THEY are the ones who put that on THEIR website. You have a problem with "why" they are offering a satisfaction guarantee/refund policy then contact them. My only questions was why put that on the website and have no information on it. And don't ever speak down to me. My question was appropriate and very valid. I don't appreciate your tone. I am simply trying to get information not hear from someone who thinks my question is stupid or ridiculous.

· Registered
150 Posts
All dtg machines will break down no
Matter if you print or not. Obviously they will clog if you are not printing
But also they will let you down even
If you are super busy
.expect at least 3-4 printheads per year no matter if you print or not,so you better learn how to change printheads,
Dampers,ink assys,motherboards,
Etc,etc.
A lot of downtime.-dtg printers tend to break down when you really need to
Print.
A lot of wasted shirts,untill you fine tune your procces. In dtg there are
General rules but what really happens is that every good dtg printer has a differnt approach.
Even after you have it all sorted out
You will still waste shirts for different
Reasons.
So much more money for inks and
Cleaners than you've never dreamt
Before.
And forget about a normal life.now
You live to keep the printer running.
Chek the humidity,handjob the inks
All the time,perform cleanings,
Doing nozzle checks,talking to the tech support,waiting for the teck
To arrive,bla bla bla. The list goes on and on.
Can you make a lot of money from dtg? Yes,but only if you have the
Volume to justify the many hidden
Costs,and you can sell at least 350
Shirts per week minimum.
On the artistic side now,or quality
Side speaking,a good and experienced
Operator,with a good machine and concumables can do amazing prints
That wash superbly.
Bottom line is,if you think you can have the volume of work ,do it.

· Registered
2,510 Posts
I think that's a website glitch as they're updating their website -- probably comes from the default theme settings.

No one selling DTGs would be crazy enough to offer a satisfaction guarantee or a return policy, lololol.

· Registered
347 Posts
I've been running 2 Spectra's for almost 2 years. I keep back-up modular on stand-by. We print 300-500 prints per week and will soon be increasing production. DTG requires a lot of maintenance and repairs will be needed. So getting back up and running is key and the modular concept has saved my a** a couple of times already. Soon I will be ordering my 3rd.

The main question for anyone looking to get into DTG is "how will you get your printer back up and running ASAP"?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think that's a website glitch as they're updating their website -- probably comes from the default theme settings.

No one selling DTGs would be crazy enough to offer a satisfaction guarantee or a return policy, lololol.
That is what was confusing me. I researched these forums for a while prior to my post and found they mentioned updating their website a few years back and it still isn't updated. Again I am not here to put Spectra down EVERYTHING I read about them has been positive. Just wanted to do additional research that is all. I will probably end up ordering on in the next few weeks. Thanks

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been running 2 Spectra's for almost 2 years. I keep back-up modular on stand-by. We print 300-500 prints per week and will soon be increasing production. DTG requires a lot of maintenance and repairs will be needed. So getting back up and running is key and the modular concept has saved my a** a couple of times already. Soon I will be ordering my 3rd.

The main question for anyone looking to get into DTG is "how will you get your printer back up and running ASAP"?
Good point and something I will definitely consider. Thanks!

· Registered
3 Posts
Re: Spectra DTG Website and Address

Help Everyone

Does anyone know Spectra's correct address?

Phones are not being picked

I have sent in my machine for Servicing
Fedex has been going around in 2 days.

This address on FB cannot be located:

New Jersey
79 South Main St., Unit 1
Barnegat Township, NJ 08005

Does anyone know?

:(:confused::mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.