T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the 2009 mortgage/real estate meltdown, I started tinkering with DTG printing as a hobby. My first DTG printer was a used TJET2. Upon acquiring, my first priority was to learn the basics of DTG printing and maintenance. My main goal was to just pay myself back for my initial investment. Fast forward to 2 years and I was operating four TJET2s and selling on multiple online channels with decent success. As the replacement of the consumable parts for the TJET became scarce and the slow decline of my online sales, I decided to sell off the printers one by one.

I was out of the apparel embellishment loop for a couple of years until I saw this YouTube video late 2014: https://youtu.be/iGfy38kCl9s

My curiosity for DTG printing is once again ignited. I immediately placed a call to Spectra DTG and spoke to Jay. Before he even started with his sales pitch I told him...."I've owned four TJET2s, you don't need to sell me on your printer. I've seen ALL your YouTube videos. Where do I send my deposit? I need a firm ETA date and I'll wire you the balance!!" This time around my business plan is to again launch multiple retail online selling channels and possibly do local wholesale fulfillment.

I took delivery of my first Spectra 3000 mid February this year and made my money back 3 months later and shortly thereafter took delivery of my 2nd Spectra 3000. The friendship I've developed with the Team at Spectra DTG was organic. Meeting Anthony when I picked up my first printer was like seeing a long lost cousin..LOL I told him to save his breath, I'm just here to pick up my printer....no training needed....I'm already eDTGucated! ;) let's just hang out at your uncle's restaurant drink beer and talk shop! And talk we did. From that day, Jay was on me like "white on rice" I guess he was tipped off by Anthony that I was an odd and very demanding customer. Billy's follow up via e-mail was almost like getting spam! (JK Billy) ;) I reiterated to them numerous times that all I need is.....A DTG PRINTER THAT WORKS!!! No fancy covers, no frills, no BS!!

Prior to picking up my first Spectra printer, I've already planned my DTG setup. From the Husky Toolbox, to utilizing the adjustable IV pole for the inkbags. I was on the phone with Jay almost on a daily basis nitpicking the printer as well discussing marketing and business strategies in general. To make this long story short, Jay, Team Spectra and I,
all mutually agreed that joining Team Spectra was mutually beneficial for everyone.

As of July 1st, I will be Spectra DTG's Business Development/Marketing Representative. I look forward to this opportunity and I'm very excited to be a part of Spectra DTG and hope to contribute to their growth.

Thank You,

Romeo "Jun" Victor

· Registered
82 Posts
What a smart move on spectra's behalf as you bring so much value to the spectra team and are willing to help those who did not purchase a spectra. Thanks for all you do!

Reactions: murtceps

· Registered
2,738 Posts
We appreciate you and this will help to free up Jay's and my time for sure and help Spectra to grow even more. Your passion and innovative tips/tricks are awesome. I've even learned some really cool stuff from you. You are a wealth of info and positive energy man. Keep the fire ignited with Kerosene barrels lol.

· Registered
3 Posts
I just bought 2 Spectra P600's, spray station, heat presses and accessories on the secondary market. One printer and heat press are still boxed. One printer (clogged head) and heat press are open along with the spray station. The man I purchased them from told me about the great Spectra customer service. I was wondering if you offer training on the machines. While I don't consider myself an idiot, I am a complete newbie with DTG. I guess I need to unclog the head (or pay someone to do it until I feel more confident) first. Can you give me any help??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.