T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
Gildan
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
we just flushed the print head with windex, distilled water and ammonia and could see all channels present. When we start the printer, even after 15 head cleanings, nozzle check is a total mess. Black is almost missing and all those streaks spraying around.
I tried doing head angular adjustment, but right before printing starts I get a "close cover" warning and I'm forced to turn the printer off.

I attached a photo of the nozzle check. Does it look like a blockage somewhere, or is it something else? PLEASE help. Thank you so much in advance.

Attachments

· Registered
207 Posts
Regarding the head cleaning. The windex and ammonia are debatable. Not really recommended. Use distilled water and chased with cleaning fluid. The windex and ammonia can, in some instances, deteriorate the lining on the inside of the head.
When you checked the head for spray pattern, waterfall, and the spray pattern was good, then the head channels are clear. From experience it looks as though you might have gotten moisture into b the ribbon wire connections of the head cables. When this happens the head shorts out sending random signals and and all or groups of nozzles fire or don't fire at the same time. The result is a mess on a nozzle check. Also, the shorting out can give a LCD message telling you something is wrong.
If you are lucky you might be able to remove the head, clean the cable connections and using a blow-dryer on low, dry out the head connections. If the cable ends are bent, you can use sharp scissors and trim them back like trimming fingernails. Saves buying a new set every time a connector gets loose or bent. We have even super-glued a tab or two down and continued to use the cable. After all, all you need is a connection. You might be looking at a head and cables, they hate moisture.

· Registered
207 Posts
When flushing the head you can not use much pressure. There is a rubber gasket between the upper assembly and the lower assembly It is susceptible to rupture allowing ink cross over into other channels. If you are very careful and want to try a fix the assembly can be taken apart, gasket cleaned. Then a fine coating of silicon type sealer can be applied and the unit put back together. Not much of a loss and a great saving if it is s.ealed

· Registered
207 Posts
Another leak point is the very thin face plate on the head where the discharge holes are located. Too much pressure will break the seals and you will get crossover or leakage down the side of the head. This has some type of special sealing agent. Don't know what.

· Registered
Gildan
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi.
And I'm begging for help again..... :eek:
I have a brand new problem, I attached a picture. It's been happening on and off for several hours now. The head is spraying all over, then I restart and it prints fine, then all over again...
What can this be :confused:

Attachments

· Registered
207 Posts
This is hard to say, but you have a problem with the head.It appears the cables got wet.
Most likely your electrical connections are shorting out inside the head sending random signals to fire. You might get lucky by removing the head, drying out the connections and replacing the cables. If so, you might be able to salvage the head This would be the cheapest attempt at a quick fix.
Replacing the cables might suffice, but most likely you have shorted out the electrical circuit. Probably a new head and cables will be required.

· Registered
Gildan
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much for your reply.
We took the head apart, there didn't seem to be any issues, cleaned the clear strip (there was a small amount of ink on it that we didn't notice before), and then printed a couple of t-shirts without any issues. Hopefully that will do it.
I appreciate your help and this whole forum!

· Registered
Gildan
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, I have another problem :(
White ink is almost disappearing half way through one print.
After head cleaning white lines are almost full (except for one), and then mid way though one job most of white ink disappears.
I attached pictures to show nozzle check right after one head cleaning, and the second nozzle check is right after one print.

What can this be? Can any one help please????

Attachments

· Registered
207 Posts
Obviously this is an ink flow problem. Could be ink cartridges have air in them. Remove top vent and let air out as the ink flows in. Could be Dampenrs on the head are starting to sludge up. Really small channel in them. The other quick fix might to be, if you are using elevated bags, move them so the bottom is 9 inches above the machine. Inject air into the bags to slightly inflate them. This added pressure and elevation helps to move the white ink. If the room temperature is too hot, white ink has a tendency to thicken. Believe it or not our best white ink flow for consistency is in the mornings when the room temperature is in the 60's and lower with humidity from 45 - 55. This sounds unorthodox but it has solved so many problems with ink flow in our R3000.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.