T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do all of my production, cut and sew, embellishment in house. I would like to also do all dye and wash treatments. Does anyone know of a supplier that carries the chemicals and various dyes?

Cory

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh,

I have vats, washers and other equipment available. I just need to find a suppplier of quality dyes and chemicals. As well as the chemical for silicone wash.

Thanks again,

Cory

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Randy,

I also found Pro Chemical and Dye, which is similar to Dharma. They also offer various discharge formulas and chemical washes which offer various effects. I do have one question in regards to these companies. Most products, ink, Paint, and other embellishment supplies for example, have higher and lower qaulities. Some are geared towards your beginner hobbyist and some may be considered industry standard. Is there really a "best" when it comes to this kind of thing or are the various chemicals, washes, minerals, going to do the same anywhere you buy?

Cory

·
Registered
360 Posts
Cory,

To be honest, I am not sure if there is a "best" or...
Really, from what I have read on Dharma, they generally tell the truth as far as what they say, they don't seem to be just trying to sell something.
What I mean is, their descriptions generally tell the story on the product, if it's cheap, they usually say it is.
Going strictly from memory, they will say that you either need to be a seasoned 'whatever', or, 'this is usually for a beginner' type statement.

I just recently bought some soda ash and dyes, they mentioned that you need to be fairly into it to do this, or something to that effect.
(I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if it's actually worth it or not, I have faith though)

I don't believe that there is very many people here on this forum that do washes etc., n'stuff, at least I rarely see it mentioned, so 'maybe' someone will chime in.

I'll look into the find you made, it's new to me, thank you.

Randy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ability to sew is a specialty which in itself would seem very marketable.

One thing i was curious about was the cost to cut the sides of a generic shirt and sew seams on the sides to tailor the shirt and also allow a traditional print to be transformed into all over printing. With traditional printing, i can print nearly edge to edge, but to get the last little bit takes belt printer which is generally limited to a single color.

fred

I'm thinking you posted that in the wrong thread?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm thinking you posted that in the wrong thread?
I thought so too at first, then I re-read what you said, and maybe he's referring to that, thinking that he'd like to know more about that aspect of how it goes together, or something... or... not... heh

"I do all of my production, cut and sew, embellishment in house"

Randy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You may be right,

Can you clarify on what you meant so I can answer your question?

If you were asking in regards to cut and sew, there is quite a lot involved. There is making the pattern, grading, 1st, 2nd, and sometimes third run before producing the garment. Quite a bit involved. I can elaborate more if you need. Just PM me.

Cory
Opulent Industries

1 - 8 of 8 Posts