T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I was wondering if you need a special toner to print on iron-on transfers on a color laser copier/printer - and are there any difference if you print or copy? I figured as much that you need special color laser copier/printer transfer paper...it's for t-shirt transfer...

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Monkchild,

No you do not need special toners for your CLC. Are they available??? I don't know.

You do need special transfer paper. Most that i've found requires that it be a "fuser oil" based machine. If your machine is fuser oil based it can be a resevior or a fuser "web". If you don't know check with the manufacturer.

The difference between copy or print is an obvious one... With the copy you loose a generation... You know making copies of copies of copies... As far as it making a difference to the machine... NO, the print engine "prints" the same way for either.

Most higher end CLC's (and older ones can be upgraded) now have digital print capabilities. (Xerox, Canon, etc.) They can be a simple as a small box attached to the machine or advanced as a stand alone computer with it's own software just for the interface. (Fiery, Splash and others)

I Don't know how a desptop color laser printer (tektronix, etc) would do.

I'm new to t-shirt transfers, but I have about 18 years experience with CLC's. So far I have been incredibly impressed with the shirts I'm producing using the CLC's I have available to me.

You'll just have to try it and see.

See Ya
Rob

·
Registered
90 Posts
Several members on my board use the Okidata 5200 & 3200 Laser printer to do textile transfers with the OEM toners. Some have Dye Sub toners in them and go that way but you need a spray for the 50/50 t-shirts when using the Dye Sub toners. You do need a special paper for it since the printer gets so hot.
God Bless You
Don

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks guys!!

i have access to a Xerox DocuColor 240 - would you know if it has that digital print thing? And what exactly isi it, or does it do? is it better to choose that option if available? DocuColor 240 is not fuser based the manufacturer told me...are there no papers available for this type of CLC?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know if the Photo-Trans® ImageClip transfer paper for CLCs works with the Xerox DocuColor 240 (no fuser oil) ? that paper seems the only option for CLCs if you don't want the paper to leave that window of plastic around the design, and that I find absolutely necessary to do good quality stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts