T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
We are going to add a mug press for our store. Probably the $149 from Proworld or somewhere to start out. We have an OKI 8432wt printer, a Roland printer as well as a cutter so we have a good mix of applications and can use most materials. My question is do we need specially treated cups? I saw that somewhere and can't remember the site and now can't seem to find anything on google either...what are your thoughts?

Thanks all!

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I understand I should be able to use transfers printed with either my Roland or my Oki printer. I guess my question should have been are ALL mugs coated? For example can I go to the dollar store and pick up a mug and print a transfer and attach and will it stay?

· Registered
3,145 Posts
You can buy sublimatable (sp?) mugs from several places. Conde and Coastal have pretty good prices.

If you're just getting into sublimation you might look into ordering the transfers. SK Manufacturing is easy to work with and affordable.

· Registered
859 Posts
From what I understand I should be able to use transfers printed with either my Roland or my Oki printer. I guess my question should have been are ALL mugs coated? For example can I go to the dollar store and pick up a mug and print a transfer and attach and will it stay?
You can stick heat transfer film on there, or vinyl..but they dont hold up over time.
The right way to produce mugs is with a dyesub printer.

If you dont care if they hold up and or are dishwasher safe...then stick vinyl on dollar store mugs.

A dyesub printer can be as little as $150 (plus refillable cartridges and ink) which will print great art for dyesub mugs or of course Roland sells dyesub printers for $20,000 and $30,000 which work great too.

Craft people are the people that put vinyl on mugs/glasses...professionals do not.

Reactions: MrsSilvertip
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.