T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

I've been thinking about getting into the greek industry by making Greek Letters, but i don't know what i would need besides a machine and to be licensed.

where do i get the background fabric, what type do i use? what backings and stiffeners work best, are they needed? what are the steps in making a shirt? What are the costs of a shirt? etc.

any beginner info that you could think of that could be helpful would be great.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Stahls, Dalco or Twill USA.

They can provide fabric, cut letters of various fonts, and sew disks.

As far as a machine. Definitely visit an ISS show and check out some of the threads on here about the various machines.

ETA: Yes, you have to be licensed. The stabilizers you might need will depend on the type of garment you are using. When you look into the machines, they can help you with that.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As EXTouch said...definately go to a show if there is one near your area and definately do check out Stahls...they have sew discs, custom letters, you can design..mix n' match colors and they do most of the work for you. If you have an embroidery machine..Stahls can be one of your best friends. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if i go to the ISS show what can i find out there regarding this business nitch?

Is there anyone out there that does this already that could give me a basic break down of what i need to do and survive in this business?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I've never seen any information about this at the AC ISS but I wouldn't expect too. Not all Greek logos are licensed so you might be able to start doing nonlicensed designs and develop a connection with a group and then apply to do licensed logos. We've done some non-licensed designs. One group asked us to become licensed but I decided against it because of the time and cost involved. You might contact local groups to see if you can do work for them. The non-licensed jobs we've received have been web jobs that we didn't specifically market for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts