T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'd just like to share my expirience printing an image with the DTG Kiosk.
I printed an image from Photoshop which came out pretty dark and did not show very good contrast.
Messing with Photoshop settings I went to Image->Adjust->Shadows / Highlights an adjusted up the shadows to 100%. This made the image lighter while keeping my colors nice and bright.

See image 1 and 2 for the before and after.

Sometimes it's not the printer, it's the operator! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Adam,

i agree and we have experienced the same stuff. We have done a whole series of photoshop actions to streamline this type of thing. Wow, what a time saver it has been. We have found that we can get and average of 25-30% better output by just applying one or a combination of them to the original artwork.

keep up the good printing.

Tom

·
Registered
376 Posts
Personaly, I like the darker print better. The lighter one's colors are too saturated.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I don't think either is quite right, but the second is getting a lot closer (particularly the hair - massive improvement in the second). It's a bit gamma'd and a bit heavy on the magenta, but depending on the market that might even be desirable.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I would say that I'm leaning more towards the first one. It has a richer look to it. I think what needs to be done is pump the black up somehow. it looks flat and dull. And maybe lighten the image up a little bit more.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I would say that I'm leaning more towards the first one. It has a richer look to it. I think what needs to be done is pump the black up somehow. it looks flat and dull. And maybe lighten the image up a little bit more.
Agreed. The printer is undoubtedly compressing the gamut. Try adjusting the levels in photoshop. You black levels are high.

You should be able to bring out the shadows without washing out the details.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts