T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an up and coming designer in NY and often see Top designers print out images on "the whole shirt" sleeves and all... I always wondered how does one go about printing a design on the whole garment and who, what website, or company is capable of doing this for me...

please does anyone kno what i am talkin about

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Do you want them screenprinted or heatpressed? A quality screenprinter would be able to print as large as you want, and in any location (of course, at a premium).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking to get it heat pressed... but fill me in im kinda new to this... whats the difference between "heat pressed" and "screen printed" designs? which do you reccomend for durability (i dont want my designs being cracked or washed away after several washes)?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
What you're talking about is an all over print, it can't be done with a heatpress. To answer your second question, if durability is an issue then screenprinting is the better of the two options (heat pressed designs can, though won't necessarily, crack - screenprinting can if badly printed, but it's not likely).

All over printing is normally done prior to the garment being sewn, but sometimes is done afterward using a roller printer. It's not really possible with the kind of average equipment most shops have to hand. Technically there's nothing to stop you, but it's impractical enough that you couldn't really do a full production run.

The question comes up a lot on the forums, and if you search here you might find some information on where to get all over printing done (I think a little has been posted on where, although not much).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi =)

Just a quick answer to your question on what the actual difference is between screen printing and heat pressing.

With screen printing, your graphic is put onto screens and then the ink is pushed through the screen directly onto the tshirt (for example), leaving your design on it.
With heat pressing, you create a transfer (either viny, plastisol or sublimation methods available) which is essentially a piece of paper with your design on it. This is then place on the tshirt and a heat press is used to press the design onto the shirt using a combination of heat and pressure.

Hope that helped!

- Annie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts