T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

What would be the most appropriate printer for a small business (printer with good quality)?

How much is the cost of the printer?

How much is the cost of its ink refills?

What specific kind of garment will be perfect for optimal results of the printer?

Thank you so much. Considering your reply.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
You can build your own for $150 (a thread somewhere on this site has dozens of posts on it) or you could buy one for $11,000 to $250,000.

My own personal suggestion would be to buy a single head embroidery machine and sell embroidered goods. Why? You can do it for the same price, around $11,000, and you make more per item. Also, the EMB won't stop working if it sits idle for a week. The DTG will have problems with head clogs if you let it sit.

Also, the $11,000 is for the machine and a few extras. You will need to buy supplies, after market parts, etc.

Another avenue is to broker the items first and then purchase equipment when you have enough volume to support it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If im gonna make a DTG homemade printer, can you give me some suggestions and techniques that would be helpful in making? Thanks!

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
The Brother is the ONLY dtg machine I think....that has its own printing heads...not an Epson, hence not prone to clogg...thatis the good news...the bad news it is around 20K USD...but some maybe good news is that there may...repeat MAY be a white ink model available within the next 6 months or so....remember I said MAY!!!!...

Seriously if you are going to use dtg setup ..now or in the future...you will need a minimum of around 30K startup...for lease up front cost and supplies for the printer and material to print plus the cost of getting the word out..

if it were me...and I am...I would find a dtg operator near me and outsource...can still make a lot of money.. you don't have to tell your customers you out source...I have one DTG operator about 12 miles from me...easy to email a design..pickit up the same day usually...and my customer has it next day...and I am smiling as I have up front cost but the shirt and the deposit of the job covers that...no risk of mistakes, no maintenance and no worries about breakdowns....if that person does go down...I have another one a out 20 miles away..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts