T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got my epson up and running yesterday and i really cannot get a good print out of it. i am using neo rip and for some reason the black always bleeds through the white on black shirts. i have the viper one and doing about 20 grams and i have even tried less and more still no luck. any help is appreciated.... not sure where to go from here. even when laying the color of the white ink it just does not look right ...

Attachments

· Registered
1,393 Posts
so i got my epson up and running yesterday and i really cannot get a good print out of it. i am using neo rip and for some reason the black always bleeds through the white on black shirts. i have the viper one and doing about 20 grams and i have even tried less and more still no luck. any help is appreciated.... not sure where to go from here. even when laying the color of the white ink it just does not look right ...
What brand of shirts are you using? Are they 100% cotton? It may help to put a little more pretreatment down and/or white ink.

· Registered
106 Posts
where did you purchase your Epson F2000 from? maybe your dealer can help.
are you using epson pretreat?
I havent used Neorip, I'm still playing around with Garment Creator.

I purchase from Jerid @ Belquette. The dude is like an Epson expert. I think I probably asked him a hundred questions when I purchased mine. He answered them all with great detail and FAST. I'm all about customer service and I would never buy from a dealer who wouldn't/coulnt help me out after I invested a $20K piece of equipment.

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
from AA they have been great. i been asking tons of questions but i did just test more pre treat on the shirt and came out a bit better so i will try again tomorrow with a bit more to see. it seems after curing though it looks worse so that might be another issue that im not doing right either

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I'm not sure if you are using the Epson pretreat or not, but I've found their pretreat to work better with their inks. I've gotten good results with our pretreat, but not as good as with Epson's.

That being said, in order to determine if it's in the pretreating and knowing you have a good brand of shirt, I would oversaturate the shirt with pretreat. More than you really want just for testing purposes. If it prints well, back off on the pretreat and print. Do this until you see the quality degrade. This will give you the proper amount of pretreat per type of garment.

· Registered
2,768 Posts
The Epson pretreat works best. However I have doing some printing with Image Armour Ultra, which is a very quick setting pretreat made for Brother ink and Aeoon printers.
Also the type of paper u are using for curing. Epson doesnt seem the like the kraft paper style sheets. Increase pretreatment to 24 grams if using IA dark 20 with Ultra dark. Epson around 20. When in doubt use more. Epson is like IA in that it really doesn't have the application window that dupont has. on Neo Rip use high res to get very good white ink coverage for white lettering etc. Changes coming to further help in that area. Although I have had excellent results and find that any white problems are pretreat related. Also u can double strike the white if need be. On the Que manager on the bottom. Rip the file first then right click on the file a popup will appear, there u can select just to print the. Color or the white layer . Handy for other things as well.

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
got it thanks! i will increase it more and let you know. i am using epson pretreat im pretty sure im not using enough. i am using the kraft papers which look like a light brown paper. what is better to use for curing? silicon papers?

would the pretreat be the same for white shirts as well?

· Registered
2,768 Posts
The Kraft paper has silicon on it as well. I use that but getting ready to run some test with teflon. This can also make a difference in the finish as well. Silicon produces a more matte finish. Remember to rake or brush your pretreat before pressing, This helps lay the fibers down. Also medium pressure for pretreat and light for the ink layers. Remember the epson pretreat needs to be dry and during curing reach a temp of around 325 degrees.

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
Make sure you back off on the pretreat until you see the threshold of a good/bad print, then use the appropriate amount. Too much pretreat and the shirt won't launder well, not enough and well you know what happens. ;)

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.