T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A little stochastic action... unfortunately, my old Sony Mavica is too crappy to actually pick up the dots--they're around 80 uM on the screen, haven't measured them on the shirt as printed.

And one just for Tygeron (He's right, you know, you don't need high mesh for photo work... especially with a line tone. :))

· Registered
3,230 Posts
... unfortunately, my old Sony Mavica is too crappy to actually pick up the dots...

And one just for Tygeron (He's right, you know, you don't need high mesh for photo work... especially with a line tone. :))
Niiiiice etching look. You really are a Dore fan.

Mavica?? And I thought I was a hold out!

And you have been peekin'!! I was just playing around with the line halftone in CorelDRAW yesterday!

· Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

Hah, right. I did a radial halftone for a brewery proof almost ten years ago. But you know what THOSE guys are like. Way too cool for them. :)

Oh, and just so you don't have to ask--it was a 10LPI HT at 22.5 deg, on a white 86 mesh M3 @ about 60 newtons coated two four, no flash.

· Registered
23 Posts
Thanks guys.

Hah, right. I did a radial halftone for a brewery proof almost ten years ago. But you know what THOSE guys are like. Way too cool for them. :)

Oh, and just so you don't have to ask--it was a 10LPI HT at 22.5 deg, on a white 86 mesh M3 @ about 60 newtons coated two four, no flash.
Wow two / four! Do you print most of your single colour white on darks with that thickness? Might be why I am still print flash printing!

· Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow two / four! Do you print most of your single colour white on darks with that thickness? Might be why I am still print flash printing!

Nope--just when I'm doing my own stuff and getting crazy. When I'm printin' for the money man, for the most part I do 156-230 coated 1/1 or 2/1 for white, and PFP.

· Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What mesh did you use for the stochastic job? I keep wanting to try it out but I'm not sure what values I should be using...
Saati 305/34 dyed yellow, 20N on an MZX. (Although you certainly don't NEED the fancy frame :) )

When I did testing I found even doing black ink the gain was pretty weird. IIRC, I ran this one out at 288--but don't mistake it for 80 uM dots on film, my printer has a load of dot gain on the preset I use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.