T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be able to put white logos and text onto black t-shirts. What is the best method for doing this. I don't really want to be ordering transfers in, I would prefer to be able to produce them myself. The images are very simple shapes with straight efges etc so I could cut them out with scissors etc if that is feasable!

What kit do I need and what sort of cost am I looking at?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Re: Some advice please

The biggest question is what are the quantities will you be decorating? If the quantities are small, then a vinyl cutter/heat press may be your option. If the quantities are larger, a screen press...and all the involved equipment might be the way to go. Iron-on vinyl will be the most hassle-free option, but, like I said, once you reach a certain quantity, you develop claw hands from all the weeding, and it becomes less fun. Hopefully this gives you a start.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

Contour cut vinyl would be perfect for that. You can even do it with scissors and/or a Exacto knife to start. All you need is a heat press to apply the vinyl to the garments. Pro World has a 15" x 15" press for a very good price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for all of the advice! Now using flock which is working great!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts