T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened my online store on August 12. Started uploading froogle feeds on August 13. Ran my first Adwords ad yesterday, Aug 31. And Today, Sep 1, I got my first sale! Whooooot! I made $6.50 profit on it. Now to make more & better designs and do a lot more advertising and sell many more t-shirts! I was feeling really bummed out and grouchy yesterday. Business was looking dismal. But now I'm feeling better. BTW, I got two clicks from Adwords which cost me 20 cents each. I dunno if I got my sale from Adwords or Froogle. I don't have my site listed on any search engines or directories yet. One thing I've learned in this business, you either advertise or you die. No wonder the world is so full of advertising.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congratulations,

May you continue with more success. I agree with you in regards to advertising. The more you advertise the more you increase your chance of sales.

Spreading Love

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Congrats on your first sale!

That's an awesome feeling knowing someone else dug your design enough to pull out their wallet and add it to their wardrobe!

You didn't setup any tracking with adwords to see if the sale came from there? If so, .40 cents isn't a bad amount to spend to make a $6.50 ;)

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Its always going to be slow to start. Search engines take a long time to index you and get the page rank up, takes time to optimze the site for search engines and people alike... develop more designs... etc. I think I've sold all of 2 shirts to people that we didn't know so far, and probably lost the value of those with some failed Google Adwords. So, I'll tweak a few things and try again =) I finally moved up to Pagerank 1 instead of 0, wahoo ;P (Sites with no SEO and 0-1 linkbacks usually get about a 4... it just takes time)

A friend of mine runs www.syswear.com and he said he barely sold any shirts his first year (say, once a month), but now he's doing several per day.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I still remember my first online sale way back when (1996). I didn't even accept credit cards and had a site on AOL, but some lady from Brooklyn mailed me a money order and took the time to print out my crappy text mail order form that I made up in notepad and wanted a large t-shirt. Man, that was IT for me. I was hooked.

·
Registered
19 Posts
congrats,brother i just know the feeeeling and i havn't sold one. either though i havn't started yet.keep it going and let me know how your website coming again keep the press running and the sells coming.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrads !!!! Theres nothing like that first sell and then seeing someone wear what u poured ur heart n. I made some 4 some guys at my job n later they came back telling me that some people at another jobsite wanted me 2 do theres as well, so i agree theres nothing like that feeling. Best wishes

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ohhh Just reading about a first sale is awsome! I can't wait! We technically had our first sale.... My mom bought some blank shirts for my dad for christmas.. and while we made a profit.. It didnt feel the same, I'm still anxious for the day we get a phone call or an email with an order! And we actually have to PRINT a shirt for someone =)

We did frame our first 1$ in with our business license though.. so I guess it is kind of official.. hehe

I am working on adding a shopping cart to our web page now, so that way we can advertise more for our web page, and hopefully things will start rolling =)

CONGRATULATIONS again on the first sale!! WOOT WOOT!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I still remember my first online sale way back when (1996). I didn't even accept credit cards and had a site on AOL, but some lady from Brooklyn mailed me a money order and took the time to print out my crappy text mail order form that I made up in notepad and wanted a large t-shirt. Man, that was IT for me. I was hooked.
Talk about old school! :eek:

Bougie, congrats on the sale. Hopefully, there will be many more to come! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know this thread is old, but i too have sold my first shirt, although not online, it was in the streets. It has been pretty hard these past couple of days, i got the shirts on the 10th, a lot of people where saying they were going to buy the shirt, but they didn't. Then, we dont have any tags, and its basically a shirt with a design on it, but i like it and we are working towards bigger things. So I am happy with the progress we are making...and it will get there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts