T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well technically the first but the first not designed for someone else. I took pre-orders and when I had enough for the minimum of 50 I ran the job. I picked up the shirts Thursday and Friday wore one to work. Took five more orders.

At lunch in an experiment in viral marketing I wore it to a local sci-fi shop (it's a sci-fi themed shirt) and the conversations stopped when I walked in. "Where did you get that?!" was the response from the employess.

Now I've been a designer for 15 years and don't take compliments well so I was kinda embarassed to say I did it. Don't get me wrong, I Iike the design it's just that... well it's someting I need to get used to if I'm serious about this. The owner saw it and said "We need to talk..." He wants to buy 10 but I'm not really set up for retail yet although eventually I will be. I just wasn't prepared for it to happen the day after the shirts arrived.

I mailed off the pre-orders (33 shirts including 2 to Germany and Japan) yesterday and immediately started making finishing touches on my next design so I can get going with it. I sold two more today. I'm meeting with a guy tomorrow night to discuss doing my website. My head is kinda swimming right now and I'm trying to relax but I'm totally amped with so much happening so fast.

Thanks for the advice everyone has posted!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
congrats im a newbie on this im just starting out ive been reading alot in here and its giving me alo of info any i cograts on you bye and take care

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! No website yet. I'm meeting with someone tomorrow night to discuss that. This definitely goes in the "becareful of what you wish for" column.

BC

·
Registered
133 Posts
Impressive and congrats!

Sounds to me that if your quality of design is something you can maintain and you have a passion for say... sci-fi, or something with a theme you enjoy, sounds like you could go a long way.

Keep it up :) But definatley get yourself a website! :)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Congratulations - you've got me curious to see it now too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Due to the forum's copyright policies I can't post a picture of it. I can tell you it's based off a property whose name rhymes with "estar juars";) PM me if you would like to see the shirt.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Good job. Now if you could just sell some pancakes, lol.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations I have a website but have not gotten up enough courage to actually advertise my website on a shirt for me to wear, but you have encouraged me to go for it.
I hope you sell many more.

·
Registered
86 Posts
bcgd reading you story has really encouraged me mate thanks for sharing all the best

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Due to the forum's copyright policies I can't post a picture of it. I can tell you it's based off a property whose name rhymes with "estar juars"
Congrats on your sale.

You're right though, there are some definite copyright issues with the design. The makers of "estar juars" probably wouldn't take too kindly of the design.

I don't think there is any policy in place that keeps you from posting a pic of your design
If the design is infrigning on a copyright/trademark, then there is :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rodney,

Thank you for beating me to the punch. I just read your post and was going to delete the image.

I believe the world needs pirates but this is your ship and I want to abide the forums rules.

Cheers!

Bret

1 - 18 of 18 Posts