T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new the t-shirt design Biz. Can anyone tell me some good software to use for designing? Also what should I use if a customers sends me a Pdf file? Thanks Charese @ PTM

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I am new the t-shirt design Biz. Can anyone tell me some good software to use for designing? Also what should I use if a customers sends me a Pdf file? Thanks Charese @ PTM
Depends..on what your printing preference is, if you need vector art then Adobe Illustrator would be our choice, if you need raster graphics the Adobe Photoshop would be the choice....

Corel is also a option and can be had for less $$$ then the Adobe products, if you have no experience with any of the programs then I'd recommend Adobe simply because there seems to be more users of that suite of products.

Any of the above mentioned programs will be able to open a .pdf file.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I have both illustrator and corel. I found corel to be a bit easier to learn and the cost considerably less. There are a ton of tutorials for both...let your pocket book be your guide. since Corel suite...less than $400 I think also includes a pretty good photo touchup program, it could be the only one you need. I tend to use Corel for about 90% of what I do...But both are very good

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Well the key word here is new and that being the case Corel is the starting point. You can get a copy of CorelDRAW X4 on ebay for around $100 make sure you get the full retail version.

Adobe products are great but the learning curve is now enormous. However you will be able to get started quickly with Corel and have 95% of the functionality that is in Adobe products.

I love the products of both companies but Corel is easier to learn and use. It also allows you to produce good results with more control and ease of use then you will find in Adobe products.

Check out my sites for videos etc..

·
Registered
1,925 Posts

Before investing in any graphics program, you may want to consider "GIMP" graphics editing program. You can download it free from the internet. It's comparable to any graphics program on the market with all the tools you'll need to do most anything. Considering that you're new to this, I'd definitely try this before paying for anything. Be Well, Sb.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Freewares are a good idea to get started(before buying). GIMP is powerful although I have not really used it. There are also others which can be used for commercial screen printing. I like inskcape (freeware) and even prefer it to corel or adobe for its tracing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts