T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around for an outdated version of Corel to be able to get started. See a lot of corel on ebay for really cheap. My question is are these on the up and up? Since money is so tight I figured that getting an older version of corel would be the way to get started.

Any thoughts or ideas where one could get.

Thanks for any help.

Kevin

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
There are both. Legit and pirated copies. Also a lot of educational copies. I would look for some one with a good rating email them and confirm. Get software activate right away if it fail file a dispute. Since you have it in writing youll get a refund. I bought mine and no problems. Activated on Internet

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Kevin,

I have purchased software on eBay a couple of times without issue. I recently purchased a version of Microsoft Office that was suppose to be the CDs and product key. Instead, I got a link to download the software and a product key without a genuine certificate from Microsoft. It did not feel right, so I had Microsoft confirm if the product key was genuine. Of course it was not. So I am in the middle of the dispute right now.

Here are the best three pieces of advice I can give you:
1. Only bid on items that are in the factory sealed package and ask a question to the buyer stating it is a genuine product key. If the seller responds and it is not, then you can get your money back.
2. Make sure you know if you are buying a full version or academic version. Academic version in some cases does not have all the features / functions.
3. If you make a purchase, do not use just a PayPal account. Use a credit card... not a debt card. This will give you extra protection.

Good luck,

Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can I just second Mark aboves advise...I have never had an issue with buying from Ebay .....and although I agree that you'll gain extra protection with a credit card....as an Ebay veteran I always been well protected as a Buyer through paypal, although they always favour the Buyer which is crap when I am the seller Sometimes :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree wiith the above. You can get Corel Daw for a favorable price. Order form high rated sellers who have sold a lot and you will be fine. i have ordered 3 copies on ebay. great way to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
We purchased Corel X3 from ebay and it was a great deal. Disks with a key, all original.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got my cs5 on eBay a few years back. I checked their sales history/feedback. They sold about 10 copies. All people that purchased it left positive feedback regarding it being legit. So I felt good buying it from them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using T-Shirt Forums

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.