T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
running a 10 color job, using wilflex tiger white with 3%curable reducer and 2% tfa for an ul. it is an all over print on an m&r ultimate. 50 inch frames. the problem i am having is getting a softhand feel and keeping a big block of 109 yellow smooth and bright without fibrelation

·
Registered
56 Posts
You have quite the job in front of you. Keep in mind that fibrilation is often caused by too much pressure and the ink is being forced down around the fibers. I have also seen it when the ink is very thin and runny(almost like a waterbase) and it saturates down around the fibers instead of sitting on top of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, in a perfect world i would try to lay out the angle and set the ink on the shirt with a gel feel flash, unfortunately the pallets are about 12 years old with imperfections. i am also unable to keep from hard flashing due to the nature of the flashes. i got it pretty smooth though. thanks for the reply. still searching for printing utopia

·
Registered
752 Posts
What mesh counts are you using? Have you got any 305 mesh? 355? Can you print a white underbase beneath the yellow? A 75%-80% halftone underbase will help lay the fibers down under your yellow and not give a heavy hand.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wilflex Quickwhite has a lot better fiber hold down then Bright Tiger. We cut ours with almost 50% soft hand clear to get a really soft feel. It holds down the fibers really well. We top it off with a mix of Bright Tiger and SHC to make the white really pop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am using a 230 mesh. its kinda not production friendly to use anything higher on these presses, due to the design of the machine and the pallets. i have gotten by with a 305 on a short run before. the problem with high mesh counts on the machine is that the screens dont last very long. the all over pallets are rough on the screens and i end up with alot af tears or busted screens. The off contact has to be set pretty high as well, to keep the pallets and sleeves from crashing into the head. i am using a tiger white solid underbase with reducer and tfa. the ink is still pretty thick. due to the nature of the print i would have to print 109 flash 109, which really makes it pop but the hand is terrible. i was wondering what would happen if i ran a fashion 109 then flash and put down a ho 109... really dont have the time to r & d. like i said high production facility. we do alot of quick thinking with little to no down time. i was approved to run with a single 109, but i would love to be able to produce something mind blowing. i am wondering how much it change things if my garment was not ringspun, and would it be cost effective.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts