T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

whats the softest feel opaque for inkjet ppl are using in Australia and where can i get some? i got a gx24 so is it easy to cut as well?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Re: Soft feel opaque transfer

Hey 4WD WOG,

I've used Jet Opaque and this is so far the best paper I've used for dark fabrics. I'm gonna try iron all soon once I put an order through to Coastal Business, I've read through the forums that this is the best opaque transfer on the market. I've also tested an opaque laser transfer and this can I say came out just as good. The colours are vibrant the only thing that colour had run a little when I washed it (1st hand wash). Still testing it though.

The Neenah - Jetpro Soft is very good for light colour fabrics, actually it's better than very good.

Hope this helps.

Tizz

·
Registered
166 Posts

Hi 4WD WOG,

Can I ask you whre you bought your gx24 from, and what it set you back?

Regards

Tizz

·
Registered
229 Posts

Hey 4WD WOG,

I've used Jet Opaque and this is so far the best paper I've used for dark fabrics. I'm gonna try iron all soon once I put an order through to Coastal Business, I've read through the forums that this is the best opaque transfer on the market. I've also tested an opaque laser transfer and this can I say came out just as good. The colours are vibrant the only thing that colour had run a little when I washed it (1st hand wash). Still testing it though.

The Neenah - Jetpro Soft is very good for light colour fabrics, actually it's better than very good.

Hope this helps.

Tizz
Hi Tizz, have you use Laser 1 Opaque or Techni 4.0 Print from Neenah ?

How much does your JPSS cost you including shipping?

·
Registered
166 Posts

Hi Magenta,
I've used both Laser 1 Opaque and Techni Print 4.0, got them as samples to try out. They are Neenah products just can't remember which supplier I got them from. Same with the JPSS. I'm about to place an order through to Coastal this week for JPSS and Everlast Dark shipping is going to cost me about $100 for 100 sheets of each. Just waiting to confirm if they happen to stock Magic mask.

Tizz

·
Registered
229 Posts

Hi Magenta,
I've used both Laser 1 Opaque and Techni Print 4.0, got them as samples to try out. They are Neenah products just can't remember which supplier I got them from. Same with the JPSS. I'm about to place an order through to Coastal this week for JPSS and Everlast Dark shipping is going to cost me about $100 for 100 sheets of each. Just waiting to confirm if they happen to stock Magic mask.

Tizz

what kind of laser printer are you using Tizz?

·
Registered
166 Posts

I've used it on a HP5500, whished I owned one! Used it at work.
However, I was told that these transfers are best used on an OKI Laser printer.

·
Registered
229 Posts

I've used it on a HP5500, whished I owned one! Used it at work.
However, I was told that these transfers are best used on an OKI Laser printer.

U should try the Oki printer I suggest a C5600 for beginner and a C5700 for better graphics and colors.

I'm half way on the toner and had earn enough to buy 3 printers ever since but i've been facing unpleasnt paper jam every now and then...

not really good for and order more than 100 pcs

·
Registered
166 Posts

Hi Magenta,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep them in mind. I'd like to try Laser Transfers but i think i'll stick with inkjet transfers for now. Or untill I have it working the way I want to. Can I ask you where you get your Laser transfers from?

I've heard that in Europe the prefered method is Laser Printers instead of inkjet for their transfers.
How are your transfers coming out? Are you losing any colour?

Tizz

·
Registered
229 Posts

Hi Magenta,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep them in mind. I'd like to try Laser Transfers but i think i'll stick with inkjet transfers for now. Or untill I have it working the way I want to. Can I ask you where you get your Laser transfers from?

I've heard that in Europe the prefered method is Laser Printers instead of inkjet for their transfers.
How are your transfers coming out? Are you losing any colour?

Tizz
We got them from Neenah's vendor if you are interested let me know i can send you the contacts

it's faster to print using a laser printer and the cost is lower, it's only about USD$1.30 per A4 size print comparing to an inkjet which cost nearby 50% ~ 70% more.

but the laser can only achieve 1200x1200 dpi which is nothing compared to an inkjet which can produce 4800 x 1200 dpi

i'll try to post some pics soon if possible

·
Registered
166 Posts

Hi Magenta,

Yes please can you pm me the vendor where you purchased these papers from. Do you think they also stock jpss and other Neenah Paper types? Question are they located here in Aus?

Regards,

Tizz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts