T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last response I got was something about legal issues, but all the other fulfillment sites don't make you do this, so that can't be it. There should be an option to only display email address. I don't want miscellanious stalkers knowing my exact location.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, Breakaway,

Thanks for bringing this up. Other vendors don't operate in Europe. Spreadshirt started as a German company, many of our regulations start there. In Germany and much of Europe, there are requirements to disclose who is "behind" a shop.

I have asked our team to look into what exactly the legal side is in the US and Canada. And we will adjust if we can. Overall, this has not come up often as an issue. From some talks with Shop Partners, they want to be the owner of their shop, and it is important to present it this way.

Thanks,
Jana

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Many countries insist on full contact details being provided to deter fraud.

I can think of many large international consumer sites though, where the only contact information is through a page form.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, Dreamglass,

The regulations are not about contact, but rather disclosure who is behind the site, or shop in this case. So, those sites likely have another page (not the contact page) where the "legal" information is given. This is not usually the way the company takes contacts.

But we can likely improve this, and also allow contact better too! Thanks for the feedback from both of you. This will help us improve.

Thanks,
Jana

1 - 4 of 4 Posts