Discussion Starter #1
I see that some wholesalers want you to fill out
their sign up paperwork and fax it to them but
is their still any real demand for it and if so what
are you using it for?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
I use it for Advertising. Well, I don't use my own, and use an online system and fax 1,000 faxes a day Monday to Friday. Cost about $325 per month for the lines, and a few hundred for the numbers, plus a manditory 800 so businesses can request to be removed. It's the law and you have to have the 800 number, plus remove them within 30 days or you pay a $1,000 fine per complaint.

Oh yea, and I get a lot of death threats.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I use it for Advertising. Well, I don't use my own, and use an online system and fax 1,000 faxes a day Monday to Friday. Cost about $325 per month for the lines, and a few hundred for the numbers, plus a manditory 800 so businesses can request to be removed. It's the law and you have to have the 800 number, plus remove them within 30 days or you pay a $1,000 fine per complaint.

Oh yea, and I get a lot of death threats.

Do you actually get results from this? Positive that is.. haha not negative.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Damn... I was just about to send you one. Now it just seems cliche.
hahahaha That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

Actually, I use my fax all of the time. It's so much easier than scanning tax documents or whatever in and emailing them.

Plus, I have customers who feel more comfortable faxing credit card authorization forms to me rather than emailing them, too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I see that some wholesalers want you to fill out
their sign up paperwork and fax it to them but
is their still any real demand for it and if so what
are you using it for?
I use it to throw around the room when I'm frustrated at breaking thread (I embroider) or when something isn't aligned properly, or when a customer has ticked me off. Or just for general stress relief.

Isn't that what everyone uses a fax machine for?? :D

·
Registered
963 Posts
I still use my fax but not for emailing customers. If i received one of your faxes and I didn't ask for it i was probably the one that sent the death threat. JK! but I do hate that. If I need something i no how to get in contact so i hate being sent all this crap all the time.
I just faxed my taxes to the CPA last night. I fax documents to the wholesalers, stuff to the doctors office, i fax crap for family, it is in use constantly.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
My Contract Customers are Local Universities and High Schools, Government Offices, Real estate Agencies, and other businesses. A fax is essential and easier for them. We use email as well, but when it requires a signature, I can either stop by their office and pick up the documents ( which i do not have time to do) or they can fax it to my office, so in my business a fax is necessary.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I use mine for outbound faxes only. Sometimes it is just easier/quicker to fax. A couple of years ago I got rid of my separate fax number. Don't use the fax enough to justify the monthly expense. Now, if someone wants/needs to fax me something they have to call first to alert me to turn it on.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Ditto on what Amy said. It just seems faster for me to send my things out on the fax, rather than scanning and e-mailing. All my incoming faxes, however come to my e-mail.

The REAL reason is that it came with my printer and I LOVE my printer, until it crashes and I have to get a new one:)

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Also, many businesses don't allow their customer reps email so a fax works so that everyone can receive the documents.

Like Jane said, I have a vonage phone line and just switch over my main line to send a fax and receive a fax

So its not a problem to send anything.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Also, many businesses don't allow their customer reps email so a fax works so that everyone can receive the documents.

Like Jane said, I have a vonage phone line and just switch over my main line to send a fax and receive a fax

So its not a problem to send anything.
I despise faxing, and will not do business with anyone that requires it. Come on people, it's a new millenium..:)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I agree with Dave if you pay your bill you can send me your docs by carrier pigeon or horse & buggy, but seriously is a fax that terrible that you would throw away business?

All my incoming faxes come to my email, my outgoing fax is set up on my computer phone line, I spend $30 a month on this setup.

As soon as I figure out how to get the fax line to work with the Magic Jack I will only pay $20 a year.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
you won't do business with people that require fax machines.. really??
its not that big of a deal .. So if someone were to order from you .. you would
turn money away because of a fax machine ..are you serious??

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Katrina-

I am sure if you just plug in the fax line like you do with the phone line it should work.. that's how we use our voip line.. we use the same number
That's what I tried, I get a dial tone, I dial the number, then it just disconnects. I tried 4 different fax numbers just to make sure but it just won't connect. It could be the fax as they have instructions for turning off a certain feature but I could not find that on my machine.

I'll keep trying to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks FatKat

1 - 20 of 32 Posts