T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I feel so unhip for asking this question, but what's the story behind all the "Lloyd" t-shirts out there these days? Can anyone clue me in?

We ran across them while searching online for a present for a friend (whose name is Lloyd) and thought about buying one as a gag gift. But since none of us know what the shirts refer to, I was hoping someone here could help out.

Is this what happens when you are over 40? ;)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I was wondering about that one too when I saw it on Busted Tees. I would guess that it's some pop culture reference (possibly a more recent one?) I'm not privy too; I am guessing the same is true for "Speaker City". I would also guess that said reference came from some movie (and is thus in the same vein as the Vote for Pedro counterpoint Busted Tees offers), but I cannot say for certain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Lloyd they are refrencing on the shirt is actually a character on my favorite show Entourage which is on HBO. He plays a gay assistant to the agent in the show. Everyone who watches Entourage thinks this guy is so funny, Which he is :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was wondering about that one too when I saw it on Busted Tees. I would guess that it's some pop culture reference (possibly a more recent one?) I'm not privy too; I am guessing the same is true for "Speaker City". I would also guess that said reference came from some movie (and is thus in the same vein as the Vote for Pedro counterpoint Busted Tees offers), but I cannot say for certain.
Speaker City is from the film Old School with Will Ferrel & Vince Vaughan, about 3 adult blokes who start a fraternity so they can live on college property. I've also seen "Frank The Tank" t-shirts which is a reference to this film too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts