T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

It's been a while since I've posted and been gone a for minute as I just started school right now full time. Love this forum

So what is your top 5 favorite new features of X5? Honestly, the only thing that is pretty exciting is that it doesn't use a lot of the processor and memory like X4 did, where it would freeze, slow down noticeably, and crash after awhile, but I can't tell that much of a difference whereas Adobe when they released CS5 they've made videos on their new and exciting features and Corel just throws it out there and you find it yourself, you can't even find reviews and videos on what's new with X5 on youtube with the new features.

Now, as for PowerTrace, I just notice that it is a bit faster but still okay where Vector Magic is still number 1 than PowerTrace in my opinion.

If I am not mistaken, X5 has been launched since Feb and I just heard of the new X5, and I'm always online and never knew about the new X5 and how it sucks that Roland still for several months hasn't released a new plug in for X5 to be used with Cut Studio, it's a big deal for me even though you may say I can just export it as .eps and then import it to CutStudio, all that is time consuming to me.

Oh, and it's still not a 64bit app! =/

I hope you guys share your top favorite things of X5.:):)

I still don't know what is else new with it and what this new features are, bear with me I hate reading user guides except threads and posts:D

· Registered
458 Posts
I don't use X5 because X3 meets my needs. I don't do the infinite software upgrade thing. I may got to X4 when X5 takes off that way I can get it for $50. That's how I do software upgrade. I'm always one version behind and buy cheap. So when X3 no longer serves my needs and when X4 drops in price I will upgrade. I will get X5 when X6 comes out unless X5 turns out to be an upgrade dud.

· Registered
890 Posts
I downloaded the X5 trial. I am still on X3. I looked at it carefully and liked it fairly well, but I just couldn't justify $200 bucks for the upgrade. X3 has served me well and still does. As wonubee said, I will wait until I can upgrade for $50. I am still on PS CS3 but I may seriously consider the $200 for the upgrade to CS5, it's probably worth it.

· Registered
600 Posts
X5 sucks and is full of bugs.
As is any program when first released.
SP1 fixed some 300 bugs, I think Corel said in the release notes.

I don't "push" the software with what I do, so I don't have many issues.

I use X5 on an XP box with 1GB of video and 3GB of Ram, and it is a bit sluggish compared to my WIN7 laptop with 128mb of onboard graphics :D where it runs very quick. :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,371 Posts
I just upgraded to X5 and absolutely love it. The interactive snap is a great feature. I upgrade from 8 which I've been using for years and years, so all the "new" features are probably old hat for most of you guys. Mainly the features it already had now work properly. Spline curves, smart fill and join curves are all pretty cool features. :)

· Registered
5,540 Posts
not happy because we got two new Window 7 computers and have been using x4 for years now and the x4 kept crashing..so we had to upgrade to x5.

we are DTG printers and in x4 you can easily change out the 100% white by either contrast enhancement (which takes a second) or replace colors... but in x5 it won't let me do either.

So still trying to figure out the best way in x5 to change out the 100% white... ANY HELPFUL ADVICE!!!!!

· Registered
890 Posts
In my case, I've stuck it out with Corel 9 for years before switching to X3 late last year. I would like to hear what X5 has to offer but I really don't foresee myself using much of the new features. Let's hope someone who has played around with X5 comes along soon.
Why don't you download the trial version and try it out. It's fully functional but will expire in a couple of weeks. I decided I didn't want it and just uninstalled it,np.

· Registered
9,603 Posts
Why don't you download the trial version and try it out. It's fully functional but will expire in a couple of weeks. I decided I didn't want it and just uninstalled it,np.
My mind is willing but my pocket is not.

And I don't expect to use the new features so I'd rather hear the overall performance from others who'd be using it full time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.