T-Shirt Forums banner
141 - 160 of 178 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
It's not that we don't understand the task....it is you teasing us by showing at shows before it is anywhere near ready and quoting spring to summer of 2015 last year...I still think you are on to something with this printer but eventually people have to make a purchase. I myself am building a new building in the spring so I am holding off buying equipment since I do not have the room anyway...so I am still with you...I will say it is a good decision to get it right before releasing it to the public. Most people can not afford a $30k mistake. I wish you well as you guys seem to operate with good intentions. Just a little over promising and under delivering on this project...but keep the updates coming so we at least know the status!

Thanks.
Brent

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Brent, I don't think Belquette is interested in trying to quickly fill the needs of people who are "eventually needing to make a purchase". This is a printer they are trying to make as perfect as possible before it hits the public. They also never made any promises. If you take a look back they have given estimated dates but never a promise. Unlike some other companies out there they have not taken pre-orders and sat on your money for a year while trying to beta test and fix any arising issues with their product.

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
It's not that we don't understand the task....it is you teasing us by showing at shows before it is anywhere near ready and quoting spring to summer of 2015 last year...I still think you are on to something with this printer but eventually people have to make a purchase. I myself am building a new building in the spring so I am holding off buying equipment since I do not have the room anyway...so I am still with you...I will say it is a good decision to get it right before releasing it to the public. Most people can not afford a $30k mistake. I wish you well as you guys seem to operate with good intentions. Just a little over promising and under delivering on this project...but keep the updates coming so we at least know the status!

Thanks.
Brent
We do appreciate the feedback. There really isn't a need to go into full details of how and why it was delayed. The bottom line is, just like you said, we don't want to release a $30k mistake. So far, the product is very promising. We could have released the product over a year ago if we would have hired an integrator to do the work for us. Of course this would have added $10-$15k to the price tag. Our goal is to make this product extremely simple to use at an affordable price.

Everyone can lecture us how we fumbled our deadlines, but the reality is, all of our dates were generalities. And yes, since hindsight is 20/20, we all can now see how we announced the product too early. There isn't a company in the world who wants to have this product released more than BelQuette. We simply can't compromise what we are doing now just to release the product.

I will say though, there are features that won't be on it out of the gate so it's not delayed any further than it already has been. The plus side of this is the features will be software related, so we can push out updates as they are developed and tested.

· Registered
217 Posts
I was pretty excited about this product and I still am.

When I first started doing DTG in 2011, I thought to myself, "why can't these manufacturers add a dedicated line for the maintenance/cleaning fluid???"

Well, I really do hope that all the white ink maintenance and headache is figured out with this machine.

I guess I will keep waiting. Thanks!

· Registered
75 Posts
We would have bought one at ISS in orlando had it been ready. The model that was there had an issue and wouldn't print. We also asked for a printed sample well before the show and have yet to receive one. So we've had to rethink our short term dtg plans.

I still think this is a very promising machine and I will be watching very closely when it does finally launch.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Keep pushing...I just looked at starting an entire screen print division but even if I do I will still buy one of these for the short runs, fill ins, etc...keep us updated. Spring will be here before you know it!
Thanks.
Brent

· Registered
108 Posts
So is it 30k? Or under? Would you be able to give us the "real" price? This Genesis Dtg printer looks amazing! I will be getting it no matter what. I have the epson F2000 right now and love it. Adding the genesis would make things 100000000 times better.

· Registered
7 Posts
Ok, how about 7% lower than $30,000. ;)
Funny!

I am researching and have been to a few shows and have lost interest in ANAJET at this point. But I came across the Epson F2000 recently and it is Under $15K right now!! I have also read a new thread that says you lose over 700ml in wasted white ink just for the auto cleanings and other flush each month. So, if true, that is obviously a deal killer for me...because that is insane!

So, I will wait a little while longer and see if you guys get this released in the next few weeks and then decide if the additional $85 discount is worth it! :D

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Funny!

I am researching and have been to a few shows and have lost interest in ANAJET at this point. But I came across the Epson F2000 recently and it is Under $15K right now!! I have also read a new thread that says you lose over 700ml in wasted white ink just for the auto cleanings and other flush each month. So, if true, that is obviously a deal killer for me...because that is insane!

So, I will wait a little while longer and see if you guys get this released in the next few weeks and then decide if the additional $85 discount is worth it! :D
Hahahaha.... So the $5 less than $15,000 is less than, so..... ;)

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
So, what's the update?

I see that 2015 and the word "significantly under" has been removed from front page.
Nothing gets by you! The price hasn't changed but since we've had more than one occasion where the listed price wasn't looked as "significantly under", I felt it best to remove the wording.

As for 2015, since it's 2016 and we hadn't released it yet, the obvious needed taken care of. That being said, we did have some set backs, but the positive side is some of those setbacks have led to critical discoveries. ;) All I can say is we have been working on this daily to get to market. It's obvious our original announcement was premature, but every day we work harder to bring it to market.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
So keep the tease alive...can you tell us any of the discoveries?
I assume sticking with DuPont...image armour seems to be gathering steam...any thoughts?

I am still targeting spent to summer purchase with you!
Thanks.

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
So keep the tease alive...can you tell us any of the discoveries?
I assume sticking with DuPont...image armour seems to be gathering steam...any thoughts?

I am still targeting spent to summer purchase with you!
Thanks.
The discoveries are more at the technical level and are what is stabilizing the platform for consistency. It's boring on the surface, but very exciting under the hood.

Currently we have no plans of moving away from DuPont. One of the alluring features of Image Armour is their 35 second cure time. We've been playing around with the newest DuPont inks and we've been able to cure at 35 seconds as well. That combined with the more brilliant colors and reputation, we hadn't moved away from DuPont.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
So does Ricoh buying Anajet put a kink into the works? They wouldn't pull your right to use their print head would they? Surely you have a multi-year deal with them but makes me a little nervous if they are issues with the print heads down the road...thanks.

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
I can definitely understand your concern, but Ricoh's business structure is not aggressive toward "competitors" using their heads. In fact they sell direct to them and some of their competitors sell their printers for over $100,000! We can only guess why they made this purchase but we can say confidently (as defined by their history) they did not do it to shut down any competition using their print heads.

We have a great relationship with Ricoh as does many of their other partners. We plan on continuing this relationship in the years to come.

141 - 160 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.