T-Shirt Forums banner
121 - 140 of 178 Posts

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Tusa you must be referring to printing without pretreat on white shirts. When using a pretreat like Image armor light I am getting the same vibrancy before and after cure with not much of any fading even after washing. I haven't printed a white shirt without pretreat in years now.

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
I printed with a lot of ink where solids touched itself and I didn't see the bleed. The thinner the ink, the more likely it will bleed. The shirt itself is also a factor, but I was pretty impressed with non-bleed. I can do some more testing with yellow solids touching black solids. This is where you see it quite a bit.

· Registered
217 Posts
Tusa you must be referring to printing without pretreat on white shirts. When using a pretreat like Image armor light I am getting the same vibrancy before and after cure with not much of any fading even after washing. I haven't printed a white shirt without pretreat in years now.
I don't know if the IA pretreat for lights works with Brother inks. Plus I don't like pretreating even with a pretreat machine.

If Genesis really does use different ink that's producing more vibrant colors, I would be very interested.

One question, does the thicker ink mean more clogging like the white inks?

· Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Hi Chris...I apologize for the delay in getting you some Genesis samples. The engineers keep stealing my demo printer to perform updates to the machine. I have a long list of people waiting for samples and hopefully I will be able to knock them out soon! I haven't forgot about you :)

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Yes, we had slated this for an earlier release. Since we have built everything from ground zero including coding, we've ran into a few situations that slowed us down and a few that took longer than expected. We are currently working on our first production model to test out the manufacturing process and any final tweaks we need before going into full production. I'm not sure people really understand the monumental task we've been working on but it's much greater than taking someone else's technology and using that as a base. This is the way we used to do it, but with the Genesis, we no longer have a reason to use that method. After this product is released, we'll be able to work on more features for it and begin working on future products.

121 - 140 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.