T-Shirt Forums banner

101 - 120 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
What does significantly under $30,000 mean?

Why does it only have 1 white bag? How many white printheads does it have? The white printheads all draw it's ink from 1 bag?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
$28k - it has 1 x 4 channel Ricoh Gen5 head for the white and 1 x 4 channel Ricoh Gen 5 head for the CMYK making it a 2 head printer. The ink bags are 500ml each.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It seems a bit misleading to say "significantly under $30k" when it's actually pretty close to $30k.

I only see one benefit of this machine over the Epson or Brother, and that's having it's own maintenance fluid cartridge line. But I don't know if that's worth a 10k premium. Maybe the price will drop like the Epson after a few months?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I can remove the word "significantly" but to some $2,000 isn't a small amount. There are vast features above other systems, but to avoid self promo, we can discuss it separately and not on the forums. There are plenty of threads regarding the features and capabilities of the Genesis.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Stopped by the booth at the NBM Show in Long Beach this weekend. To compare this to an Epson or Brother is not fair to the machine. The colors are sharp and bright. Brighter and richer then anything out there. Cure time was quoted at 45 seconds for a dark shirt with a white underbase. The ability to start up and get itself ready for production is great, along with the extremely low maintenance requirements. The ability for the unit to notify you of a failure or even contact tech support for you to get fixed is amazing. The wife and I are looking to invest and this looks to be the best of all that is out there. Best print area and print quality combined with speed is a necessity. Looking forward to placing my deposit down on this.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Thanks for stopping by the booth to see the Genesis! The pricing is going to be $28k...hopefully we will be showing the productin model at ISS Orlando in September!

·
Registered
214 Posts
To compare this to an Epson or Brother is not fair to the machine. The colors are sharp and bright. Brighter and richer then anything out there. Cure time was quoted at 45 seconds for a dark shirt with a white underbase.
I'm interested in finding more about the Genesis, but why would it be not fair to compare this to Epson or Brother?

Epson is almost 1/2 the price and Brother is 2/3 of the price of the Genesis.

It uses the same dupont artistri ink as other modified Epson based printers. How would the print be any more richer and brighter than anything out there?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
The Genesis is not a modified printer but built from ground up. It doesn't use the same ink as modified printers. The ink has a higher viscosity so you can increase the pigment load and get brighter colors with less ink. It's still DuPont based ink (Artistri) but the latest P6000 series.

As for the Genesis, I still don't have a date for production, but we actually see the light near the end of the tunnel!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I thought they all used Duport Artistri inks? I used to own a Epson based printer before Brother and it used Dupont Artistri. Brother have their own inks.

Epson based modified and Brother DTG all look good right off the printer. But after inks are cured, the colors don't have the same vividness, especially on white whirts.

Not sure how it would be any different if Genesis uses the same artistri inks.

Is the p6000 inks different than what others are using? No one else is using this ink?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
These are DuPont Artistri inks, but it's the next generation. It can't be used in Epson modified printers, only Ricoh based systems. Since the ink is thicker, you can put more pigments in it causing it to have a much brighter print.

101 - 120 of 178 Posts