T-Shirt Forums banner

61 - 80 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Things are coming along pretty good. We've been working on a few things to improve print quality using a low print resolution as well as working on improvements for consistency in various climate conditions. There's always something new and the great thing is, since this is from the ground up, we aren't under the constraints of pre-existing functionality and limitations. Who says evolution doesn't exist? ;)
That's great man. Best wishes to you and warm welcome from California. Totally have my support and respect. Let me know when you are in Cali next time.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I really like the small foot print of this thing!!
This was one of the goals of this product. We find that customers with multiple printers need as much floor space as they can find. So we decided to build a smaller printer instead of forcing customers to build a bigger room!

If you had a 25'x25' area and wanted to put as many printers you could in that space and still move around, we figured you could put about 24 Mod1 printers OR 40 Genesis printers. So the general idea is if the printer is faster and smaller there is more production space available.

Without running real numbers, since we aren't at that place yet, we estimate that we should be at least twice as fast with the Genesis as the Mod1. So using that, compared to the Mod1 in that same space, it would be equivalent to 80 printers versus the 24, yet we still have a very large printable area, much larger than the Mod1.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Printer speed while EXTREMELY important it isn't the main bottleneck in production from my experiences. Its the curing cycle that really slows production. Even if a print takes 30 seconds to complete it still takes minutes to cure it. Once we have quicker curing inks things will really take off! Exciting times in the DTG industry!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Printer speed while EXTREMELY important it isn't the main bottleneck in production from my experiences. Its the curing cycle that really slows production. Even if a print takes 30 seconds to complete it still takes minutes to cure it. Once we have quicker curing inks things will really take off! Exciting times in the DTG industry!
True and the next series of DuPont inks cure much quicker. You can place a CMYK print on a conveyer dryer and cure in 60 seconds, whereas the current series of ink is 6-7 minutes. Everything is moving in that direction.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well I haven't used it but based on looks and the footprint sign me up!! I just bought my two machines hoping business is good and will need another soon!!:)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
You mention a conveyor dryer above...
Is that going to be best set up for ultimate curing and time with this printer and ink set?

how long for print with white?
Are you guys going to bundle with a certain dryer?
Or at least have a recommendation or two?
Thanks.
Brent

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
You mention a conveyor dryer above...
Is that going to be best set up for ultimate curing and time with this printer and ink set?

how long for print with white?
Are you guys going to bundle with a certain dryer?
Or at least have a recommendation or two?
Thanks.
Brent
Brent, sorry for the delayed response.

With faster speeds, the bottleneck becomes the curing process, so a printer that prints faster like this would be more idealistic using a conveyor set up. I'm not sure about the white ink cure times, but it would be drastically reduced from current times.

We are looking at offering conveyor systems as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Man having a big dryer would just be the ticket wish I had the space for something like that just set there and forget it you can really push out the shirts etc... Would be amazing if you could get something that works with the speed of a screen printer dryer so can just keep at the same speed and so forth. No more hover then press that would be great!!

Epson cure time is longgggg.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Two heat presses "cures" that problem (no pun intended...or maybe it was).

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Two heat presses "cures" that problem (no pun intended...or maybe it was).
If a white shirt print can be done in 20-30 seconds, then a 2nd heat press isn't necessarily going to cover it.

The faster the printer, the quicker the curing the ink has to be. If it's not a quick cure, then you typically double down on heat presses. There eventually comes a point when you need more than two presses. Not only that, but ideally, a conveyer works better because it can be fed by multiple printers instead of 2 - 3 heat presses per printer.

Maybe the state of inks today, 2 heat presses will be fine, but it's only a matter of time, where it becomes more economical and ideal for a faster curing process.

You can also cure a screen print with a flash unit, but it's always more ideal to use a conveyer dryer for production. Direct to garment is moving in the same direction and will require the same output requirements.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
No updates on release date as of yet.

We have been busy working on print quality and a little bit on speed. So far, we are excited about the results. We are working aggressively every day to meet deadlines we set for ourselves.

Stop by booth 2124 and check out our progress.

61 - 80 of 178 Posts