T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always doubled them up because that's what I was taught. Today I looked at one and was like 'that looks pretty damn dark. 1 should do."

NOPE

I have this like mist of emulsion in all my printing areas, presumably where there weren't heavy ink deposits. I'm still going to try to print though it, but it's doubtful on 156 mesh. Lesson learned.

Remember kids, always double your transparencies.

·
Registered
985 Posts
What kind/brand of transparencies are you using?
Laser or ink jet?
Some users of the forum were talking about R-Film, from silkscreeningsupplies.com, they said with a regular C88+ just
one transparency was needed. So I wanted to give it a try.
I bought a pack, and are getting ready to try it, this weekend, maybe.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have highland transparencies. not the best, but 100 for 12$ can't be beat.

I use an inkjet, epson stylus 5000 pro.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it's set at the highest, best quality, high quality photo paper, black ink only. I think the print drivers aren't telling it to put down enough ink. Because the Epson drivers always print lighter, but When I print from my linux epson interface, it's like as black as it can get.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Dann, get ghostscript, a freeware postscript driver, and see if it will increase the layer of ink applied to the film, to make it dark enough, dark as possible. You don't want to have to double up transparencies forever.

When I used a cheapo printer, it was an HP 1820 or something, a laser printer. I used films that ryanrss.com sold and Casey's Ultra Black spray tone enhancer, and just one film was enough. I now use an epson 3000 inkjet printer, which is way better, and films bought from POSjet. I haven't doubled a film in a long time.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Remember kids, always double your transparencies.
Unless they're printed dark enough that you don't need to :) (my printer isn't, the photocopier I use sometimes is).

It's pretty obvious if you throw one on a lightbox whether or not it's dark enough.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I just hold mine up to my big ceiling lights and see if it blocks it. If it does not then I realize that I didn't have the black pure ebon black in the artwork, and I huff because I have to make another film.

Invest in a good printer and good films if you can. Make life easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts