T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading this forum for over a year, and seeing what heat transfers can do, I've decided to jump in and experience the heat press/heat transfer world first hand.

Reading about it in a forum is one thing, but actually "doing it", hopefully will prove to be an exciting new challenge.

Hopefully, this is going to:

• Give me more hands on experience, so I can better help others who want to make t-shirts with a heat press.
  • Open up new business opportunities :)
  • Be fun :D
If you're a heat press newbie or a heat press expert, or just curious, feel free to follow along or jump in with questions or tips.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Looking for an economical (and feasible) way to print 3-5 shirts at a time, if need be. Can you or anyone else in this thread tell me a little about the plastisol transfer process?
Plastisol transfers are basically heat transfers that are printed by screen printers. Instead of printing onto the shirt, they print the design (with plastisol screen printing ink) onto transfer/release paper and then ship that printed paper to you so you can press it on the shirts as you need them with a heat press.

You can't print plastisol transfers at home. Some plastisol transfer printers have low minimums (like 6 or 8 sheets), but the bonus is that you can place several designs on one sheet (especially one line text designs).

Pricing will vary depending on the number of colors in the design and the quantity ordered. If you have a heat press, you can contact a few of the companies in this thread for samples and they'll send you some with their pricing sheets.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.