T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading this forum for over a year, and seeing what heat transfers can do, I've decided to jump in and experience the heat press/heat transfer world first hand.

Reading about it in a forum is one thing, but actually "doing it", hopefully will prove to be an exciting new challenge.

Hopefully, this is going to:

• Give me more hands on experience, so I can better help others who want to make t-shirts with a heat press.
  • Open up new business opportunities :)
  • Be fun :D
If you're a heat press newbie or a heat press expert, or just curious, feel free to follow along or jump in with questions or tips.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just got my Secabo38 the other day, I didn't have time to test it yet.
It will work alongside a Graphtec cutting plotter and I will keep you
updated with tips and errors...

Does anybody know why sometime baking paper sheets are used to
cover the transfer during the heat-pressing?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm also considering purchasing one, so far I've came across a few in the price range of $700-$1200 ($1200 was for the clam style 16"x20"). Is there a company that makes these thats considereed to be more reliable or just flat out better than the rest? Would love to know before i make such a purchase.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
My first tip... dont forget to peel the back of the paper off the transfer before heat pressing!! Seems to be a common sense thing but you would be surprised how many of us have done it several times.
And pull your hand out before closing the top.
And don't try to make a grilled cheese with the press. It's does not take the place of your George Foreman.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I'm also considering purchasing one, so far I've came across a few in the price range of $700-$1200 ($1200 was for the clam style 16"x20"). Is there a company that makes these thats considereed to be more reliable or just flat out better than the rest? Would love to know before i make such a purchase.
I have a Hotronix 16X20 and love it. I've read that it has fewer cold spots for more even heating.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I buy all my heat presses used. I bought a 16 x 20 black max off some guy over the weekend in perfect condition. He listed it at 200 bucks , I bought it for 150. I love getting deals on things that I can use in my shop.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Outstanding Rodney! As I 'm also looking into other options to my screenprinting biz to give me more flexibility (love the idea to be able to print 1-2 shirts!).

Yet, I still need to learn more before jumping in so your experiences will be helpful. Going to go to ISS Long Beach to check it all out - maybe I'll see you there?

Jim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great, I'll keep and eye out for you both. Lou should be easy to spot, him being a film star and all. I'll be the wide eyed newbie walking about!

Seriously, If you'd like to meet up, that'd be great. Send me a PM with time & place... maybe Imprintables Warehouse booth or what not. I'm either leaving Thur night or Friday morning. Can't decide whether to drive or fly down.

Jim

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.