T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...HELLO!

Just introducing myself and seeing how all this workz - nice looking site. Anyway, I own / run www.smellyourmum.com in the UK - we do offensive / humour stuff mainly aimed at the alternative / rock / goth / punk audience. I run it with my business / life partner ViKKi and the pair of us also formed and star in the UK'z top Shock'n'Roll band SPiT LiKE THiS (www.spitlikethis.com). The T-shirtz fund the music and help promote it AND vice versa.

So, there we have it.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
You should probably make the site work without a horizontal scrollbar in 800x600 since 25% (or so) of potential customers are still using that low resolution. At this point that'd probably be pretty difficult, though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey! thanx for the warm welcome.

we are pretty established in the uk alternative market, have regular adz in kerrang, metal hammer, rock sound, skin deep, total tattoo plus occasional onez in other similar magz. we're very lucky in having a great "underground" vibe about us and, amongst 14-25 year oldz who are in that alternative crowd, we have a strong fan base. also helpz that we're 2/5th'z of one of the uk'z most up and coming bandz!

to answer the question about the parody shirtz, no c&d'z so far. i think that, as long as it couldn't be mistaken to be from the brand in question, there is no legal problem.

and to answer the question about the amount of teez we sell, several hundred a month generally (not including wholesale). which is nice!

and, finally, the comment about the screen res.. i did think long and hard about that and i counted out doing 800x600 as i figured it wouldn't be *too* long before it was pretty much obsolete. with our market being 14-30 year oldz, they tend to be very technology aware so tend to go for the higher screen res.

anyway, any more questionz, fire away!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts