T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have these weird little tails getting cut out on my graphics. I'm a total newbie to cutting. This is one of my first practice runs. I'm suing sign vinyl since I have a bunch to practice with. I have a picture of the problem. I'm sure it is just a setting, but I am clueless. I'm using a trial of Signcut Pro. And I am using a GCC Puma II...

Help! ;)
Oh yeah- FYI, that should be a pretty plain block font... si all those cut outs and tails are the problem...

· Registered
2,346 Posts
You can adjust the blade offset through the vlcd,, not sure if the puma 2 will take a command through sign cut, you can try it.. The offset will depend on the blade you are using,, essentially what offset does is bring the blade forward to complete the cut,, also dull or worn blades will create this problem

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So- I read that it would be written on the blade. Not so in my case.

So I did find out how to set my offset. I don't have VLCD running yet (waiting on GCC to get back to me), but I can adjust it through the toggle switches on the side. I've tried everything from 0mm-1mm and I don't see much of a change. Here is a picture of a few test cuts with minimal change...

Edit- So, I see NOOOOOO change when I flip those switches on the side. DO I need to reset the machine or something every time? Maybe I should turn it off and on after setting them?

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I fixed my tail problem... In fact, this thing is working amazingly. Thanks for the help everyone!!!

I started a job last night, as soon as it started cutting, I thought it was done for. It did not dawn on me how many insanely small lines there were. But lo and behold...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.