T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Use less blade sticking out of the blade holder and more pressure on the cutter. Bump up the speed to 60, and try again. Make sure there is no adhesive built up on the end of the blade from practicing. A little rubbing alcohol will clean it right up.

Some also swear by 60degree blades with a sharper angle tip. The included blades are 45degree.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ken :)
I did a clean blade 60 & 120 with blade bairly showing it seemed as if it just lifts a tad and then a letter sticks and shifts.
I ordered the 60's from you so I just need to wait for it to arrive and I will try again.
I think I will take a break - do dishes & iron - then do some fun stuff for the kids rooms or windows :) no rush on the tiny words (yet-lol)
Thanks again

·
Registered
462 Posts
Could also be the vinyl you are cutting. I have heard that older vinyl that has been on the shelf awhile will do this more than when using new vinyl.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could also be the vinyl you are cutting. I have heard that older vinyl that has been on the shelf awhile will do this more than when using new vinyl.
Thanks - It is a about a 6mo - a year old I got it to do my practice stuff until the real orders start :)
I noticed the one I am using I stuck it to the cabinet yesterday and it still peels off today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts