T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have a small t-shirt business or are thinking of starting one. I have two book recommendations.

1) Lucky or Smart by Bo Peabody ... a very short, easy read, yet very inspiring.

2) The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Berger (don't buy it used via media mail on Amazon.. it takes too long, buy it new now because the longer you wait to get this book the longer you lose out in it's value) this books seems kinda preachy, however, each concept builds on the next and it actually will free your mind from business stress. It teaches who to work "on" your business not "in" it. Some of the best entrepreneur schools use it as pre-reading for their students.

I hope some of you get these books and enjoy...

·
2,957 Posts
I have not read the E-Myth Revisited, but I have read the E-Myth. It is a very good book for anyone that wants or has a web presence. We had to read it for an E-Marketing class that I took for my degree.
Layla, what is different in the "Revisited" book? Is it more of the same, or is there new content? (assuming you read the first book) If you don't know, that's find. I may get it anyway.
Thanks for tip!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way.. Lucky or Smart is supposed to help you try to figure out whether you should be an entreprenuer or not... I don't agree with all of what he says however it is a VERY good book about his personal experiences in dealing with all of his businesses. Plus there are some good tips in that one too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The E-Myth Revisited provides an edited, revised, and expanded version of The E-Myth. Both books explore the reason why most small businesses fail and provides some blueprints for success.
Michael Gerber uses examples basesd on real business experiences to explain how most business owners end up creating a job from hell for themselves, rather than a viable business. The main culpret is that most of us have a hard time expanding from our roles of Technicians to become the Entrepreneurs and Managers needed to create a successful business. The motto here is work ON your business, not IN it!

Michael Gerber also looks at the franchising model used to create turn-key success stories and suggests that we should approach our businesses as though we were going to franchise it. The idea is to design the business before starting it if you want to run the business, rather than having the business run you.

DIFFERENCE:

One main difference between The E-Myth and The E-Myth Revisited is the addition of an ongoing discussion with a small business owner named Sarah. The conversation serves to make some of the ideas more concrete. It also allows Michael to explain more of his personal views and to correct possible misinterpretations that he was advocating something more mechanical and removed from the personality of the Entrepreneur in the first book. The visions that comes through in this book is of a small business being a manifestation of the way the Entrepreneur sees his or her contribution to the world, trather than simply a way to make money.

The E-Myth Revisited is a very good read and essential for all Entrepreneurs.

BY THE WAY: The dialogue with Sarah is what I liked, it made it more applicable to how I could change my thinking... Layla

1 - 6 of 6 Posts