T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this board. Hope to learn something here. But I'm confused with people labeling silk-screening/heatset in one lump. It is vastly different procedure. Reading back posting I have been constantly confused with postings about silk-screening and people mixing up the two systems in their replies. Is this the screen-printing group not just about that? Or is it all mixed up here? Which group would be best for just screen-printing to monitor?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
snapphanen said:
I am new to this board. Hope to learn something here. But I'm confused with people labeling silk-screening/heatset in one lump. It is vastly different procedure. Reading back posting I have been constantly confused with postings about silk-screening and people mixing up the two systems in their replies. Is this the screen-printing group not just about that? Or is it all mixed up here? Which group would be best for just screen-printing to monitor?
The problem is that people don't always check which section a post is in, so heatpress printers will offer suggestions for screenprinters that can't be used - and vice versa. It drove me crazy at first too, but I got used to it after a while. Most of the members here use heat transfer, although strangely most of the new members lately are screenprinters so that could change.

Since these forums are for all methods of t-shirt printing and selling things do sometimes get a little mixed up, though in theory this screen-printing sub forum should only be about screenprinting. If you wanted other options screenprinters.net runs some forums. I haven't really got around to reading those yet. Most of the time I get put off by the poor grammar and the sheer quantity of posts. They may provide you with more of the resources you're after though.

There are a lot of people with useful knowledge here though, and the occasional off-topic post is a small price to pay for that.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Once you get used to the prefered methods of the regulars, you'll be easily able to guess what they're talking about if it's not clear :) .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts