T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally print with my Anajet, so scaling image sizes to the shirt is not a problem. I'm wondering what the standard is for scaling a print for screen printing. I have an order of Small - XL that will have a back print. To get the design to fit on a Small, it looks like ~9.5"-10" is going the widest I make it. This seems like it would be somewhat small for an XL. Any input is appreciated.

-Sopmac

· Registered
3,095 Posts
A 12" wide print will fit on the back of a small size shirt. I've even printed 12" on Youth size shirts when there are only a few of them in the press run. (If the run is mostly Youth sizes, I'll make the width about 10 3/4" wide.)

I use 11 1/2" as my standard print width for the fronts on adult sizes.

· Registered
45 Posts
The standard we use is 300mm (12") max horizontal print for adult regular-fit garments. That will fit on everything from small to XXXL. Lady's fitted is 220mm (9") max and we also use this for kids tees. You'll get away with 220mm right down to the smallest kids tees until you go under 5/6.

With one offs and small quantity you can be a bit flexible on that but for screen printing if you want a bigger print on the larger garments, we treat that as a separate order.

· Registered
3,095 Posts
You can actually jam a 12" print onto a Youth XS shirt. If I'm doing an order of mostly adult sizes and a very few youths, this is what I do. If the shirt fits on the pallet, the print fits on the shirt.

People don't want to pay for more screens just to add a few kids shirts to an order, and the large prints look fine on the small size shirts....just a little large, but the customers understand this is necessary when ordering a wide range of sizes. I'd rather have the kids shirts with big prints than put undersize prints on the adult sizes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.