T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Personally I sell more L and XL than any other size. If I were going to break down 100 shirts I would go for something like this... 15 small, 15 medium, 30 large, 30 XL, and 10 XXL. I am basing this on my sales that are being shipped out all over the US.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bradley - what sizes were you wanting to go up to? 2x? 3x? 4x?

It does seem like a sell mostly L and XL in my cafepress shop as well. (Though I do sell a number of larger ones as well, but most don't come in the larger sizes, so I have no info on that.)

This is a really good question though - glad you asked it!
:)
Kristen

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would think it would depend on your target audience - young men? Lots of med/large Older ladies? go for the xxxl's

·
Registered
402 Posts
For me it would be:

20 small, 20 medium, 30 large, 20 XL, and 10 XXL

UK / US market combined.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
For me it would be about 10 small, 35 medium, 35 large, 20 xl. never sold xxl or above.

Now, I'm going to make some horrific over generalisations now. No one be offended!

Your average US market is going to skew the sizes larger. If you sell on the internet and not to shops, that's going to skew the size larger (as, on average, the average internet customer is larger than the average high street customer). If you sell shirts that have a geek or gaming appeal, that's going to skew the sizes larger. If you sell a unisex shirt with crossgender appeal, you'll skew the sizes smaller. A large European market will skew the sizes smaller. Phrase and text based comedy tshirts tend to sell to a larger size of demographic than arty design shirts.

All sweeping generalisation yes, but always held up for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts