T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am new to vinyl cut heat transfers for t-shirts and should have the heat press and vinyl to do it by Tuesday. My first order is actually for 30 total shirts size medium to XXL. Do you generally use one size cut for a full back for all of those sizes? What is the extreme dimensions that you usually use for a full size back. I am wanting to go ahead and do a proof for the customer and would like to know roughly the size I should start with. Also, what is the extreme size to use for a pocket on the front. I don't own any pocket tees and I won't get the shirts until after everything is approved just in case they change their mind. I have a distributor that is about 5 miles from where I work so getting them the same day isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I use 11" wide as a standard size. If the graphic is tall, 10" wide might be enough.

Pockets are roughly 4.5" wide in the adult sizes. I would place the bottom of a 4" wide logo 1/2" above the pocket opening.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On a back, do you always measure the top of the transfer down from the neckline or do you measure the center of the transfer down from the neckline.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Okay, I am new to vinyl cut heat transfers for t-shirts and should have the heat press and vinyl to do it by Tuesday. My first order is actually for 30 total shirts size medium to XXL. Do you generally use one size cut for a full back for all of those sizes? What is the extreme dimensions that you usually use for a full size back. I am wanting to go ahead and do a proof for the customer and would like to know roughly the size I should start with. Also, what is the extreme size to use for a pocket on the front. I don't own any pocket tees and I won't get the shirts until after everything is approved just in case they change their mind. I have a distributor that is about 5 miles from where I work so getting them the same day isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.
First check out my videos as they may give you more info on this. www.youtube.com/badalou
Size of desigh should be the same on every shirt weather large or 3x. remember screen printers dohn't make screens for every size shirt. if they did it would get expesive. Especially if you have plastisol transfers. The logo on left chest or pocket should really be no larger then 3.5 inches. my video shows how to apply this and a back design. Lou

1 - 6 of 6 Posts